• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Beaded Drivers

They have a bead.

No they don't. Maybeeeeee a micro bead, but 3P is right it's mostly a unique shape and flashing combined. Look at Discrafts picture:

Attachments

• predator jawn.jpg
    predator jawn.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 65
I always like Blakes definition of bead/notched wings ..

IV. Rim Stabilizers – Rim Characteristics and Flight
While the overall shape and contour of the rim will determine the disc's overall flight, there are a few design factors that make the disc fly more high speed stable and fade more predictably at the end of their flight. The two most noticeable of these design factors can take the form of a bead (either prominently rounded or a very abrupt slope change) at the bottom of the rim or a notch (flat spot) at the very edge of the wing. Both of these characteristics will aid in the structural rigidity and overall durability of the disc but also affect its flight.

As a general rule of thumb, a bead on the rim will yield a slight increase in high-speed stability and in some cases (mainly those with a prominently rounded bead) it helps delay low speed fade. While it has been debated whether or not a bead does affect disc flight, my experiences with beaded and non-beaded versions of the same model discs as well as factored discs that have had the bead removed have generally yielded these results.

A "notch" (for lack of a better term) on the wing can vary greatly from a 1-2mm flat spot to a very noticeable flat area as the rim contour approaches the edge of the disc. Discs with a "notch" generally fly more high-speed stable and are more likely to fade at the end of their flight and will fade slightly earlier than versions of the disc that have had the notch smoothed off or if the notch has worn off due to wear. This fade characteristic is especially noticeable if a disc has been turned over.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/resources/articles/discqualities.shtml#rim

They have a bead. I was very surprised by it when fondling some last week.

The original Predator mold did not have a bead, these are now sold by DGA as a Tsunami, Discraft retooled the Pred and added what I would consider to be a bead even though it is not rounded to make the mold more stable.

Predators and Roadrunners have an uneven translation from wing to inside rim that some people consider a bead, but to me it's not a bead like you see on an Aviar or Roc. So I don't know. You can call it a bead if you like, but it's not a bead to me.

Bump in hopes to find more beaded drivers.

So far I know of/have tried:
Apache
Banzai
Cyclone
H3 V2
Raven
Samurai
Stalker
Xpress

Allegedly the Discraft Scorch has a bead?

Scorch has a bead.
Gateway Illusion
Storm disc golf Maelstrom
Gateway Ninja
Innova roadrunner

Not that anyone probably gives a crap, but the Discraft Spectra has a bead as well. Not a good disc, and I don't feel like the bead did anything to help things.

Scorch has a bead, but it's not really noticeable.

Not that anyone probably gives a crap, but the Discraft Spectra has a bead as well. Not a good disc, and I don't feel like the bead did anything to help things.

Scorch has a bead, but it's not really noticeable.

I do give a crap. Thanks!

Scorch has a bead.
Gateway Illusion
Storm disc golf Maelstrom
Gateway Ninja
Innova roadrunner

Thank you!

Does the Trasher have the same micromicrobead like the Heat and Scorch? Sort of looks like it from bottom/profile pictures online.

Does the Passion have a bead? It's supposedly a modified Cyclone.

Does the Trasher have the same micromicrobead like the Heat and Scorch? Sort of looks like it from bottom/profile pictures online.

Can now confirm that the Thrasher, and Punisher, have a tiny microbead and micronotch.

Latest posts