• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Bear

The prototypes were domey and good. Flew similar to Thunderbirds. Maybe a little less stable.

The VIP Ice were flat and flew like bricks.

I don't know about the regular VIP ones that just came out.

The prototypes were domey and good. Flew similar to Thunderbirds. Maybe a little less stable.

The VIP Ice were flat and flew like bricks.

I don't know about the regular VIP ones that just came out.

My VIP is like a Teebird 3 (or a faster Teebird, since I haven't actually thrown a TB3). I like the hand feel better than TBs and mine flies similar enough that I can swap them in and out. I think they forehand better than TBs too, but I don't have extensive testing. I will say they glide and are really smooth in the air; nothing sudden or squirrelly with the Bear.

Picked up one of the Sai Ananda dyemax Bears when she won Texas States a few months back. Slightly straighter and domier than the regular VIP. It's a really great shot shaper, and I'm excited to see how it breaks in.

Unrelated question: how does the Bear compare to the Saint Pro? Has anyone tried both?

Picked up one of the Sai Ananda dyemax Bears when she won Texas States a few months back. Slightly straighter and domier than the regular VIP. It's a really great shot shaper, and I'm excited to see how it breaks in.

Unrelated question: how does the Bear compare to the Saint Pro? Has anyone tried both?

I picked up a VIP Bear and Tattar Orbit Saint Pro a couple of weeks ago. The Saint Pro is very straight, even turns a little, and flips over in a headwind. The Bear is more overstable.

I picked up a VIP Bear and Tattar Orbit Saint Pro a couple of weeks ago. The Saint Pro is very straight, even turns a little, and flips over in a headwind. The Bear is more overstable.

Sounds similar to the dyemax one. The vip is definitely the more stable of the two. Thanks!

I really start to like the Bear. I bought a flat first run VIP Ice Bear when it came out and it has been in active use. It has enough stability to be thrown in windy conditions. Can be thrown in nice round hyzers and holds anhyzer but fights out at the end. Feels a bit heavy to throw. Like you would be expecting it to go further but then realise it is a fairway driver.

I have had more domey VIP Bear for a week now. Currently it is just slightly more understable than VIP Ice one but not even close to flippy. Hoping this to not lose too much stability when it gets beaten in.

I have a plain VIP Bear. I like this disc a lot, just enough stability to handle a headwind, pretty good D as well. Not unlike a Thunderbird in my experience, or a Culverin.

Been tossing my domey VIP Bear a lot and really liking it, so thought I'd grab a backup. A VIP Ice Bear. Totally different disc - flies just like a Firebird with my old arm speed.

So, there are essentially two Bears out there? Are all VIP's the domey ones, and the VIP Ice the flat top bricks?

I've been throwing the Moonshine Bear. Not flat, not super domey, but a lil dome. I get some turn, great glide, then fade kicks in. Are you referring to the First Run VIP Ice? I have a couple and mine aren't flat tops. The glows are my jelly jam though.

I've been throwing the Moonshine Bear. Not flat, not super domey, but a lil dome. I get some turn, great glide, then fade kicks in. Are you referring to the First Run VIP Ice? I have a couple and mine aren't flat tops. The glows are my jelly jam though.

I'm not sure how you can tell the runs, but the VIP Ice is very flat, while my VIP is very domey. Both are useful, but I'd like to secure another domey one.

Moonshine sounds like an impossible dream here in Australia. :)