• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beaver Ranch is now ALL CONCRETE!!

ponto11

Bogey Member
It's with great pleasure and pride that I inform everyone that:

Beaver Ranch Disc Golf Course now has at least 1 concrete tee pad on every hole!!

This would not have been possible without the leadership and effort of Rudy Gorke. He took this upon himself the past two years to make this happen.

Every pad was poured WITHOUT the use of a cement truck. Every pad required at the most a portable cement mixer. Some were hand mixed with nothing more than a shovel and a wheel barrow. If you know Beaver Ranch, you know the terrain is challenging to play, let alone pouring concrete and getting supplies to each tee pad location.

In addition, beginning on Sept 14 and/or 15, there will be a new #1 hole and starting position, WHICH MEANS NO MORE LONG WALK TO THE FIRST HOLE!! Signage will now direct you past the old parking lot towards the Beaver Ranch main lodge parking lot. From there, you will find a check in area and a pro shop within 250' from the parking lot!!

There will also be 2 more holes added, including a starting hole right next to the pro shop!!

Concrete and long walks have been the two predominant cons regarding this course. I encourage you all to check out the new Beaver Ranch and if you appreciate these updates, don't hesitate to update your review accordingly!!

Thanks.

Dave Ponto, FFDGC club President

What can you do?

So the first new review to Beaver Ranch after the club/park has spent tireless hours and money to improve the course: a 2.5.

Thanks a lot you moron.

Hopefully others feel compelled to upgrade their reviews. 23 concrete tee boxes (soon to be 26), no more long walk to hole 1, and a pro shop at the starting spot. Couple that with a world-class course on a world-class piece of property.

Thanks.

Ponto

Thanks for your opinion.

Not really concerned about my image. And I don't think my comments will impact other's views of the course. I can count on one hand the number of reviews at or worse than 2.5 at Beaver Ranch (and there's over 135 of them). You are correct, it will work itself out over time. I just found the timing of this review ironic given all the work we have done recently.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss my image further.

Thanks.

Ponto

Easy to get worked up when you put a ton of work into improving an already really good course, and you get that feedback. I completely understand the reaction. Irony and sarcasm don't work well on message boards, that's all.

Course looks really sweet by the way. I'll play it next time I'm up that way :)

Thanks Script, appreciate that acknowledgement. Having said that, there's no 'sarcasm' in my response. The guy is a moron. He has done one review on this site, Beaver Ranch, and his opinion caries as much weight as all the TR's that have put great time and effort into their reviews.

I know this was a topic debated at great detail not long ago on another thread and I'm not trying to bring that back into the spotlight but this is a perfect example of why the 'review and run' reviewer shouldn't count until they have done a certain number of reviews.

I love this site and will continue to pump it up and suggest others use it to review and find great courses across the country/world. It's not a perfect site but it's pretty darn close.

Wish I could have made it out for the work days but the ankle isn't quite healed after spraining it a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait for the Johnny Roberts Memorial. Hands down, the 3 best courses in the front range. And who hates on the baskets? Those things are beautiful and catch just fine if you know how to putt.

Wish I could have made it out for the work days but the ankle isn't quite healed after spraining it a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks. Hope you are feeling better.

There are still more workday opportunities available. Go to the following to sign up if able (Rudy/Paulie and his team will be pouring concrete for the two new holes this weekend):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av-X1vy3XRLcdF81UU9VdllWSTRlLVlwa1FCZFVuZEE#gid=0

Anyone that works a full 8 hours will get a 2014 Beaver Ranch season pass for free!!

Last edited:

Latest posts