• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beaver Ranch...

I just played this last week along with a few others. Sorry guys, of the courses I just played, Sipapu in New Mexico blew Beaver Ranch away. Comparable because they are both mountain courses with great views. I also thought Waterworks in Kansas City was a better course. Different type of course but still had better shots/holes. I don't think Beaver Ranch is among the top 5 courses. The new Tee signs are nice though, they made navigation easy.

I played Waterworks and Beaver Ranch within a week of each other. While Waterworks surprised me with it's elevation (In Kansas!), and it was a great course, it in no way compares to Beaver Ranch, IMO. Not even close. I've played plenty of courses that have the exact same feel as WW, but Conifer is really on a different level.

I also played Idlewild the same week, and had much more fun at the Beav. The only course I've personally played that offered me the same discgasm at every tee was Deer Lakes in PA... If I could only have BOTH of them close to me!

Ponto, I'm brand new in the area, and would love to get involved in helping the clubs and courses. Shoot me a PM if you have any upcoming work days. Gettin' tired of solo rounds, I need me some Colorado dg buddies!

^^Beaver Ranch is definitely more nostalgic and more fun, i mean, its on a mtn, the layout is incredible. but i enjoyed the dg better at water works myself. The 2 times i played BR, over a year apart, the pins were in short on a majority of the holes and i threw my putter on half of them. Regardless, the Beaver served up some of the funnest rounds ive ever played, you couldnt pry the smile off my face:)

I played Waterworks and Beaver Ranch within a week of each other. While Waterworks surprised me with it's elevation (In Kansas!).
It's in Missouri actually, although from the middle of 14's fairway you can see Kansas. :)

Having played both, I'd rank BR higher, but at least I don't have to drive through Turkey Creek Canyon to get to WW. That was the only part of BR that I didn't like.

I played Waterworks and Beaver Ranch within a week of each other. While Waterworks surprised me with it's elevation (In Kansas!), and it was a great course, it in no way compares to Beaver Ranch, IMO. Not even close. I've played plenty of courses that have the exact same feel as WW, but Conifer is really on a different level.

I'd put Conifer ahead of Water Works, although both are terrific. More epic holes, scenery, etc. I love that course. That said, Water Works is actually in a city. I envy the people who live in the KC area who could play that course after work or without the drive up into the mountains required for Conifer. And I imagine Water Works is playable year round.

Anyone know the current course conditions? I'm trying to make my first trip out there this Sunday and want to know if it's playable.

The course is open year round. We have not had any new snow the last 2 weeks or so. There will be snow on the north-facing slopes and holes 1-3 will have snow/ice on them so be careful. The course is set up relatively short as a result of the season but please enjoy yourself.

Thanks.

Ponto