• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Becky Z course (vote 4 grant to get this course put in )

crazykrug

Birdie Member
Hello guys and gals of the DGCR community.

Many of you on here knew or have heard of Becky from the 2004 Worlds that Des Moines hosted and she has been inducted into the Disc Golf Hall Of Fame. Sadly, we lost Becky but her spirit lives on and Des Moines is trying to raise funds for a new course that will be in her name.

So how can you help? The company I work for is giving out 35 $10,000 grants to improve and maintain healthy lifestyles in the community.

All you need to do is go to the following and vote once per day to help us get the grant and put in another great course.

Thanks for your votes and please spread the word, we have been putting it all over the Facebook pages and I have also contacted the PDGA to put up on Twitter and their Facebook page.

http://wellmark.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=VOTING&c=185080&s=79378832

Last edited:
I never got to meet Becky Zallek, but some of the IA people I've run into over the years always had good things to say about her and what she did for disc golf there. It would be awesome if you guys could honor her memory with a new course.

Becky was the finalist to become PDGA Executive Director when Brian Graham was selected.

Yeah I grew up with Becky and her spouse Kuzi. Great ambassadors for the sport and yes not a bad word could be said about her. I really hope we can get the course but we can't do it without everyone's votes.

Chuck,

That is cool, I never knew that about her, thanks for the information.

Morning exposure bump.......We need all the votes we can get, EVERYDAY, from all of you amazing people. Becky was the driving force behind the last joint Worlds endeavor the PDGA allowed, 2004 is still talked about as one of the best Worlds events ever put together, and Hall of Famer Becky Z. was the reason for that.
This course would not only be the best way to honor such a driving force of DG in the Midwest, but would be a course that would be both a championship caliber course, along with having short tees for beginners, and the ability to host clinics, schools, and community programs looking for outdoor recreational opportunities.

VOTE IT UP LADIES AND GENTLECHUCKERS!!

Just wanted to give an update, the course project is currently in 4th place for votes.

I can't say enough for all the support so thanks to all of you that have voted and shared.

Please vote every day and share with all your friends on Facebook and Twitter, we want this for Becky.

Voted!

Becky was the driving force behind the last joint Worlds endeavor the PDGA allowed

Not sure that's accurate. If a "joint Worlds endeavor" is a combined pro/am Worlds, there have been three subsequent joint Worlds: 2008 (K-zoo/ Battle Creek), 2009 (KC), and 2012 (Charlotte).

I'd like to think I knew exactly what I was trying to say with my post...haha...
Maybe i was meaning one of the "last few joint Worlds"....who knows....

Anyways....KEEP VOTING!!!

Currently dropped to 7th, remember you can vote once a day per device (laptop, iphone, ipad, home computer, etc etc).

Thanks again for all who have voted and please share with friends who are discers as well as family.

Wow! I haven't checked the FB page in a few days and it just blows up!
I'll be voting daily.
I don't know anyone who isn't excited about this course. Let's all vote, Iowa!

not to take away from the becky Z, but the Zearing Frisbee Golf Course has this pic
PHOTO-185080-79090045P.jpg

Latest posts