• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Become a sponsered Latitude 64 player

Pretty obvious this will be the realty TV show about disc golf Borg has been trying to get going... lot's of other worse competition shows on TV that start with 25 and get narrowed down.

Am I way off base??

Wait, you ain't one of dem people's that eats that chilli with them beans in dare are yous? (Hick voice, spits tobacco, thumbs in suspenders) and yes, I'm completely serious. Beans are filler.

I sent in an application, they will laugh. I'm kind of hoping I get a reply that just says "no, not even close". It might make me practice more.

There can be beanless chili, I'm aware of the texas standard I lived in Waco for a miserable 5 years. Their "chili" goes beyond that. It's a greek spiced sauce with cinnamon they put on spaghetti noodles with a five pound mound of processed cheddar cheese. It's an abomination to real chili everywhere but that's for another thread....one I already made actually lol.

Dave will probably get a nice mix of divisions and genders to choose a final ten from. If I were him I'd choose people based on how many events they play, how many big events they play and results, and how they have improved in ratings over the course of their playing history. Then I'd find out if they are someone who just wants free discs or if they genuinely throw trilogy stuff because that could be a factor. You want someone promoting your brand for real reasons...not like that team trilogy guy I played with a few weeks ago who was using innova and discraft drivers. :eek: You can throw certain brands or all brands, just throw them because that is what you want not what is required for discounts or deals.

Steez have they ever let you read some sponsorship applications? It's ridiculous. I'm speaking from MILL requests primarily but DN got a hoot-load of em too.

"I'd be willing to try out your discs if you'd pay my entry fees and gas to travel"

People honestly think that's good.

Steez have they ever let you read some sponsorship applications? It's ridiculous. I'm speaking from MILL requests primarily but DN got a hoot-load of em too.

"I'd be willing to try out your discs if you'd pay my entry fees and gas to travel"

People honestly think that's good.

No I've never really thought about it. It's maybe come up in conversation but nothing I remember. I'm sure they get emails all the time begging for stuff like that. "I'd be happy to test out your discs and use them in my tournaments. Just send me a ranger bag and a couple of each disc and I'll get back to you, Thanks!"

I could never work for a company again I'd respond to all those emails with replies that said ok you're on the team be looking out your window for the fedex man any day now.

The description doesn't make it sound fun at all. "Soldiers"? "Boot camp"? I'm just a recreational player, but reading that, I would say, "thanks, but no thanks."

Lose the military references.

Yeah, no kidding. Disc golf is not war, folks.

"Soldiers" "Army" ....what about us pacifists? I don't even like Nukes and Hyzer Bombs.

"Soldiers" "Army" ....what about us pacifists? I don't even like Nukes and Hyzer Bombs.

You join Team Unicorns&Rainbows

rainbow-unicorn1.jpg

I have not found a mid from them that would replace my buzzes or drone and zone for that matter. Mixed bag here.

DD's Truth? Really loving it in Classic plastic.

Their "chili" goes beyond that. It's a greek spiced sauce with cinnamon they put on spaghetti noodles with a five pound mound of processed cheddar cheese. It's an abomination to real chili everywhere but that's for another thread....one I already made actually lol.

I'm not obsessed w/Cincy chili, but I do like a good cheese coney now and again. Cincy chili is rarely eaten as a bowl, it's almost always either as a hot dog or spaghetti sauce. If it makes U feel any better, my ex is from NC and she can't stand Skyline. Then again, I tried to introduce her to it while pregnant, probably not the best idea at that :) My first wife enjoyed it and, being from Wisconsin, loved the metric &$%^load of cheese they utilize heh

I see this as a way to market Latitude plastic here in the States on a ground floor level. In all likelihood they will choose 25 people from 25 different communities or markets. Presuming they pick mostly from the upper echelon of local players, they will most likely be influential in their respective disc golf communities when it comes to disc recommendations. What I'm getting at is basically this, your local pro has people asking him or her what they are throwing all of the time by people looking to improve their own game. If you can replace these pros Destroyers, Teebirds, Buzzzes, Rocs, and Aviars with Latitude stuff for basically the entire 2014 season, that's a years worth of word of mouth advertising that didn't cost more than a handful of discs and maybe a shirt per person. I'll be sending my application in shortly because it seems like a great opportunity to get your name out there as a wannabe up and coming pro.

I see this as a way to market Latitude plastic here in the States on a ground floor level. In all likelihood they will choose 25 people from 25 different communities or markets. Presuming they pick mostly from the upper echelon of local players, they will most likely be influential in their respective disc golf communities when it comes to disc recommendations. What I'm getting at is basically this, your local pro has people asking him or her what they are throwing all of the time by people looking to improve their own game. If you can replace these pros Destroyers, Teebirds, Buzzzes, Rocs, and Aviars with Latitude stuff for basically the entire 2014 season, that's a years worth of word of mouth advertising that didn't cost more than a handful of discs and maybe a shirt per person. I'll be sending my application in shortly because it seems like a great opportunity to get your name out there as a wannabe up and coming pro.

I think that is probably one of the intended reasons is to move product but also other things.

I'm curious about your motivations to wanting to join. Are you just wanting to promote your name and leverage other sponsorship offers or do you have interest in their company? I see by your sig you don't bag any of their molded discs (Lat64, DD, Westside) Are you willing to change up what you throw completely just to get your name out there more?

I think that is probably one of the intended reasons is to move product but also other things.

I'm curious about your motivations to wanting to join. Are you just wanting to promote your name and leverage other sponsorship offers or do you have interest in their company? I see by your sig you don't bag any of their molded discs (Lat64, DD, Westside) Are you willing to change up what you throw completely just to get your name out there more?

Are you saying that one has to already have some Trilogy stuff in their bag to want to be a part of this team thing? It couldn't just be a way to bag some free stuff and maybe make some new inroads to work deals for sponsoring future events and/or courses, or just promoting the game in general?

I don't throw any Trilogy stuff at the moment, mainly because I'm perfectly happy with the stuff I throw and I'm of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mindset. But I'm going to put an app in for this just to see where it goes. If it "gets my name out there more", fine, but I'd just as much like to get my events out there more. It'd be worth switching my bag over for that. And if I don't make the cut, no skin off my nose.

Last edited:
pro-beans guy here. mix it up in a bowl with fritos, cheese, sour cream, green onions, tomatoes and japs. :drool:

Those skyline coneys look funny.. Of course i'm from detroit so i'm all about our coneys

What is Detroit style? I know Chicago has peppers and such all over. North Carolina you get cole slaw on your BBQ/hot dog/hamburger.

This is on topic as discussion of what Lat64 team members might eat :)

pro-beans guy here. mix it up in a bowl with fritos, cheese, sour cream, green onions, tomatoes and japs. :drool:

How big a bowl are you using that you can fit Japanese people in it? heh

Last edited:
You know, I was just re-reading the blog post at Latitude's site, and I'm struck by the deadline for applying: 4/31.

Is this just a cruel, drawn out April Fools joke or do they have extra days on their calendar over there in Sweden?

What is Detroit style? I know Chicago has peppers and such all over. North Carolina you get cole slaw on your BBQ/hot dog/hamburger.

This is on topic as discussion of what Lat64 team members might eat :)

How big a bowl are you using that you can fit Japanese people in it? heh

lafayette_coney_island_hot_dogs_coneys-with-everything.jpg

thats a detroit coney with everything

My motivation to join is my competitive nature. As a competitor, I try to be the best at whatever it is I'm doing, whether it's disc golf, throwing the discus, video games, or even menial tasks at work. I try to make things more interesting in my everyday life by challenging myself as often as I can because I like the sense of accomplishment when I achieve something. Specifically with disc golf, I can set numerical goals every day of the week when it comes to things like strokes, distance or whatever. But those can and will always change. Starting with a new bag would be a totally new set of challenges for me personally. Basically, instead of having little goals here and there I would have one large one. Play as well as you used to with different stuff. I realize I could go out and buy all new discs right now and do the same thing, but there is no motivation to do that because I am relatively successful with what I'm using now. With the prospect of sponsorship at the end, that is some serious motivation. Latitude would be showing enough confidence in me to at least give me a shot. I don't like letting people down so I'd be motivated to become better than ever before and succeed. This is all hypothetical of course. Sorry for the wall of text.

Latest posts