• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Become a sponsered Latitude 64 player

And I'd like to add that I last updated my signature in July or August last year I think. I've thrown Judges, the Saint, a Giant, the Fuse, Trespass, and Sinus for a while throughout my disc golf career.

Are you saying that one has to already have some Trilogy stuff in their bag to want to be a part of this team thing? It couldn't just be a way to bag some free stuff and maybe make some new inroads to work deals for sponsoring future events and/or courses, or just promoting the game in general?

I don't throw any Trilogy stuff at the moment, mainly because I'm perfectly happy with the stuff I throw and I'm of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mindset. But I'm going to put an app in for this just to see where it goes. If it "gets my name out there more", fine, but I'd just as much like to get my events out there more. It'd be worth switching my bag over for that. And if I don't make the cut, no skin off my nose.

I'm not saying anything. I just wanted to know if he was willing to completely redo his bag if accepted. I have no idea what Dave will base his decisions off of but if I was doing it and I was torn between two players to make it and one threw no Latitude64 discs and the other did I think I would choose the guy who was already behind the company rather than take the chance the other guy only cared about free products as his motivation to apply.

I don't even know if having a full bag of their stuff is required but I assume it will be if you make the cut of 25. It is for a legit sponsorship and their current sponsored players are limited to Lat, DD, Westside discs.

I'm just curious as to why other people throw what they throw or why they are willing to switch discs sometimes. I used to throw a lot of Lat64 but had innova and all discraft mids. I always preferred the plastic types of Lat64 but they didn't have all the molds I could go with. Then eventually they did and westside had more then DD had a bunch come out that I really started to like so I was able to switch over in a matter of a year almost two years. I just think it would be pretty difficult to go from a 90% innova bag to all trilogy stuff in a matter of months and hope you adapt quick enough in your trial period to keep your ratings up to eventually get on the team. Like you said though there's no harm in applying at all. Worst that can happen is the former bearded one tells you sorry but no. :)

My motivation to join is my competitive nature. As a competitor, I try to be the best at whatever it is I'm doing, whether it's disc golf, throwing the discus, video games, or even menial tasks at work. I try to make things more interesting in my everyday life by challenging myself as often as I can because I like the sense of accomplishment when I achieve something. Specifically with disc golf, I can set numerical goals every day of the week when it comes to things like strokes, distance or whatever. But those can and will always change. Starting with a new bag would be a totally new set of challenges for me personally. Basically, instead of having little goals here and there I would have one large one. Play as well as you used to with different stuff. I realize I could go out and buy all new discs right now and do the same thing, but there is no motivation to do that because I am relatively successful with what I'm using now. With the prospect of sponsorship at the end, that is some serious motivation. Latitude would be showing enough confidence in me to at least give me a shot. I don't like letting people down so I'd be motivated to become better than ever before and succeed. This is all hypothetical of course. Sorry for the wall of text.

Thanks for the wall. That makes perfect sense in a lot of ways. That's why I asked. I'm curious. It either had to be something like this which I can totally understand and get behind or you were simply looking to get free discs and leverage innova to sign you instead once you made the team. Either way it's no difference to me. You gotta do what you gotta do. I just think in the spirit of sponsorship and loyalty the second scenario is pretty shady. That's not you though. Good luck with your application. :hfive:

I throw mostly trilogy and I could go all trilogy way easier than to go all someone else. The only hard disc to replace would be my dx aviars. The buzz used to be a hang up, but the truth is identical. And the saint is pretty much a t-bird.

I'm not saying anything. I just wanted to know if he was willing to completely redo his bag if accepted. I have no idea what Dave will base his decisions off of but if I was doing it and I was torn between two players to make it and one threw no Latitude64 discs and the other did I think I would choose the guy who was already behind the company rather than take the chance the other guy only cared about free products as his motivation to apply.

I don't even know if having a full bag of their stuff is required but I assume it will be if you make the cut of 25. It is for a legit sponsorship and their current sponsored players are limited to Lat, DD, Westside discs.

I'm just curious as to why other people throw what they throw or why they are willing to switch discs sometimes. I used to throw a lot of Lat64 but had innova and all discraft mids. I always preferred the plastic types of Lat64 but they didn't have all the molds I could go with. Then eventually they did and westside had more then DD had a bunch come out that I really started to like so I was able to switch over in a matter of a year almost two years. I just think it would be pretty difficult to go from a 90% innova bag to all trilogy stuff in a matter of months and hope you adapt quick enough in your trial period to keep your ratings up to eventually get on the team. Like you said though there's no harm in applying at all. Worst that can happen is the former bearded one tells you sorry but no. :)

It's a legit question to ask. For me, I don't throw much Latitude because by the time they came around I was pretty set in my ways as far as what I throw. I'm well past the point of buying new discs just to try them, but I'll give anything a try if presented an opportunity. And being sponsored and handed some free stuff is as good an opportunity as any.

As far as learning discs and keeping up ratings through their "boot camp" I would hope that they'd take that sort of thing into account in their evaluations, particularly since Feldberg just did exactly that last year. I also think they're going to make some of their decisions based on things beyond just ratings and tournament wins.

If all they were after was tourney wins and high ratings, I would think they'd just go down the rankings on PDGA.com and pick out the players with the most points or highest ratings that aren't already part of a team and offer them a deal. I take their open application as looking for more than just that. They're looking for what are effectively going to be regional sales people. Sure, a big part of that is believing in the product. But I don't think simply not using their product now equates to not believing in it. It might be easier to convert other players if one becomes a convert themselves, especially one that was perhaps stubbornly reluctant to try anything new until they took the plunge.

Ah yes.....the team steeze training headquarters....aka my garage. :D

I throw mostly trilogy and I could go all trilogy way easier than to go all someone else. The only hard disc to replace would be my dx aviars. The buzz used to be a hang up, but the truth is identical. And the saint is pretty much a t-bird.

I just started throwing a saint and this is not what I have found. Mine are way more overstable than a tee bird. They also are fresh so they may just need some wear and tear. You are the 2nd person to say the truth for buzz so I will def give that a try, not that I want to replace my buzzes. I hope they don't read this.

It's a legit question to ask. For me, I don't throw much Latitude because by the time they came around I was pretty set in my ways as far as what I throw. I'm well past the point of buying new discs just to try them, but I'll give anything a try if presented an opportunity. And being sponsored and handed some free stuff is as good an opportunity as any.

As far as learning discs and keeping up ratings through their "boot camp" I would hope that they'd take that sort of thing into account in their evaluations, particularly since Feldberg just did exactly that last year. I also think they're going to make some of their decisions based on things beyond just ratings and tournament wins.

If all they were after was tourney wins and high ratings, I would think they'd just go down the rankings on PDGA.com and pick out the players with the most points or highest ratings that aren't already part of a team and offer them a deal. I take their open application as looking for more than just that. They're looking for what are effectively going to be regional sales people. Sure, a big part of that is believing in the product. But I don't think simply not using their product now equates to not believing in it. It might be easier to convert other players if one becomes a convert themselves, especially one that was perhaps stubbornly reluctant to try anything new until they took the plunge.

Of course they're looking for more than ratings but like I said if it comes down to choices between players and one has a higher rating and is already using their products I got to think the tie goes to that player. They're going to want people who grow the sport in a positive way and can represent their brand but I don't really know how they'll be able to test who is going to help them sell more discs. In this game really just having a good sportsman who throws your product successfully in tournaments is really what helps sell discs.

You wouldn't have to throw their brand now or even technically believe in it after making the team but I personally think anyone who would accept and promote a company's products should use and believe in their quality. I think we've seen a few examples of that this year already where it comes into question.

It's open applications, everyone should apply that feels inclined. The more presence they can bring to the States the better they can crank out the discs I prefer. Lower prices maybe too. It's all positive for me. :)

I just started throwing a saint and this is not what I have found. Mine are way more overstable than a tee bird. They also are fresh so they may just need some wear and tear. You are the 2nd person to say the truth for buzz so I will def give that a try, not that I want to replace my buzzes. I hope they don't read this.

I know this is off topic but I find the Truth is more stable and faster than the Buzzz. I only have had one so far but I replaced the wasp with a Buzzz-GT and then eventually the Truth. I don't like beads on my discs usually and the Truth is easier to get in premium plastic than a Buzzz-GT. It is close to a Buzzz but no cigar. I love the disc though. I would never get another wasp or Buzz-GT. Flat, feels great in my hand, throws even better. Exactly what I wanted, slightly more stable than the Buzzz and feels like a Buzzz.

I know this is off topic but I find the Truth is more stable and faster than the Buzzz. I only have had one so far but I replaced the wasp with a Buzzz-GT and then eventually the Truth. I don't like beads on my discs usually and the Truth is easier to get in premium plastic than a Buzzz-GT. It is close to a Buzzz but no cigar. I love the disc though. I would never get another wasp or Buzz-GT. Flat, feels great in my hand, throws even better. Exactly what I wanted, slightly more stable than the Buzzz and feels like a Buzzz.

It's not really off topic. Every time I have thrown the truth and buzz together they have ended up within 20 feet of each other. The buzz I use is a little beat in so I find the truth flies like a slightly beat in buzz at around 300 to 350 ft. Maybe I just got an epic mold. I do think the truth holds a better hyzer line for whatever reason.

But hey, I pretty much hit every tree in cedar hill last weekend so take any advice I give with a grain of salt.

Worth a shot! I've slowly been adding Trilogy to my bag ever since I picked up a River. I haven't tried a lot of their driver molds, but I love their plastics.

Latest posts