• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Behavior on the dg course...

dlk33

Par Member
What do you, have you seen that annoys you while playing? What's your pet peeve? I hate seeing trash on the course, especially when it's easily avoided, being there's a trash can a few steps away. More then one disc being tossed when someone is waiting to thow. More beer being drank then discs being thrown. Nature being destroyed because it's in the way of a next throw. Having to wait 10 min. to tee off. Constant potty mouth. The smell of pot wafting through the air I'm walking through. Your turn.....

the trash cans overflowing with beer boxes when the park is no alcohol , im glad your throwing your trash away but when the trash can in front of the park has 20+ boxes in and out of the trash its kinda rubbing it in the face of the city who keeps the park open. Its not illegal to have empty boxes in your car .

I hate seeing trash laying around the course. If there are no trash cans then carry off the course what you brought on. I am all for having a beer whlie playing a casual round, but carring more beer in your bag then discs is a little over board. And you know most of those people leave the course by driving themselves. Calling your disc names is onething, just don't broad cast that you had a bad shot across the whole course.

Trash everywhere!

Trash is definately a problem at some courses. I think perhaps I gave slightly less credit for Z-Boaz in Fort worth area simply because of the incredible amount of trash everywhere. Also, don't mess with Mother Nature on the courses. We should be lucky enough to play in those wooded environments, so leave them alone guys.

I can't stand seeing empty cans and bottles all over the place when there are trash cans at every tee pad. Also the idiots that think it's funny to smash glass bottles on the tee pads.

I agree, the "almost made it into the can" phenomenon blows my mind. WTH??? The same effort could have dropped it into the bin. Another thing that gets me is vandalizing the signage. Are we running out of urban walls to express one's ghetto IQ on?

...have to agree with everything stated. I would like to see people wait for the previous group to clear. Yes some groups move very slowly but getting thrown on should be less a part of the game than it is at least at some courses.

Having too large a group is also a problem. I witnessed a group of 9 this past week.

How can I forget the vandals? I hate when they graffiti signs and baskets! Sometimes I even carry small can of Goo Gone with me and remove it from baskets and signs for everyones benefit.

How can I forget the vandals? I hate when they graffiti signs and baskets! Sometimes I even carry small can of Goo Gone with me and remove it from baskets and signs for everyones benefit.

I like that idea!! I hate the too. I can care less that Ralph ace this hole on 8/2/08. :mad: Then I blow the putt cause I have to keep looking at old Ralph's announcement and getting more angry! :mad::mad:

I only remove the gang related graffiti, or those whom think they are in a "gang". I don't mess with anything hole in one related. Though I feel that they shouldn't "tag" the hole with their ace, I don't mess with that. Discraft baskets just beg to be graffitied with their bright yellow top. But seriously guys, how cool is it for a gang member to "tag" a disc golf basket?

hey now some people need the assurance that a Frisbee golf course is their turf... jk... but yeah i agree with the trash and stuff... i actually take a trash bag with me now because its so bad,,, but another thing is... if your playing single and just cruising... a group of 3 or more should just let you pass... especially when they are not the best... ya know...

Something I've recently noticed is that a sticker war has begun on the basket poles. What is this, monkey see monkey do:confused:

I have a feeling a lot of you would hate me :) I curse, drink, smoke pot, and take my sweet ass time on most of my rounds(depending on the park, obviously). I have no problem letting people play through, though.

My pet peeve is people who take the game so seriously they ruin it for others. The guys sitting there talking **** because my girlfriend can only throw 200'. The guys who throw on you because its taking you more than one putt attempt even when there is another group everyone is going to have to wait for at the next tee.

If I wanted to play a game with a bunch of uptight *******s, I would have stuck with ball golf.

I have a feeling a lot of you would hate me :) I curse, drink, smoke pot, and take my sweet ass time on most of my rounds(depending on the park, obviously). I have no problem letting people play through, though.

My pet peeve is people who take the game so seriously they ruin it for others. The guys sitting there talking **** because my girlfriend can only throw 200'. The guys who throw on you because its taking you more than one putt attempt even when there is another group everyone is going to have to wait for at the next tee.

If I wanted to play a game with a bunch of uptight *******s, I would have stuck with ball golf.
no offense cause i know where your coming from but can the guy behind you usually see two tees in front of him.

I said in my post that I have no problem letting people play through, and that usually the jerks throwing on me are just too stupid(or maybe impatient, its usually old guys) to realize that I had to wait for a group in front of me as well.

Possible solution

EVERY BEVERAGE CONTAINER SHOULD HAVE A DEPOSIT ON IT. I guarantee it would greatly reduce the amount of garbage left on courses, which would make it easier for park personnel and/or volunteers to control the remaining garbage (wrappers and stuff).

I live in Michigan, where there's a 10 cent deposit on all beer and soda containers. A dime doesn't seem like much, but on the courses I play regularly, people come through with big trash bags to pick up returnable containers - and ONLY returnable containers - even sifting through the trash cans to get them. The lousy dime deposit works!! I see it every round I play, because 99% of the containers on the ground are from drinks you don't have to pay a deposit for: water bottles, ice tea, Gatorade, Propel, etc. :mad: I only see a few beer or soda cans, and they'll get picked up when the next person comes to fill up their bag – and they don't even play the game. It's strictly for the money – they just go where the pickins' are good. I bet they also hit boat ramps and other places where people drink.

I wish they'd put a deposit on everything, but the retailers who have to accept that stuff back say it costs them money: for store personnel to handle the containers and refunds, or the collection machines, as well as temporary in store storage (which, in theory, could be put to more profitable use than container storage) until they can be picked up for recycling – all valid points. That's why they don't want to expand it to other types beverages. But we have to find ways to do better, and the bottom line is a small deposit on containers works – those containers get recycled, not left on the courses. IMO the fact that someone may be doing it for profit only makes it a win win.

I used to think "Our society will become 'green' when it becomes economically feasible." Not true. With a few exceptions here and there, our society won't become "green" until it's simply too painful (economically) not to.

Last edited:
Very good points

If there are no trash cans then carry off the course what you brought on.
Amen brother.

I am all for having a beer while playing a casual round, but carring more beer in your bag than discs is a little over board. And you know most of those people leave the course by driving themselves.
Scary, but true.

The only thing that ever gets to me on the course is a slow moving group that has seen me by myself waiting on them tee after tee and won't offer to let me through. Those same groups usually consist of the types that will throw multiple shots when somebody is waiting on them. Just flat out inconsiderate.

The garbage on the course is bulls**t! Every round I play at my home course I end up picking up at LEAST 10 empty water bottles, beer cans, etc.... There are garbage cans at 3/4 of the holes, you cant carry it another 200'?

The course I play at is relativitly new (2008) and is in a welll established park, so the grounds are well kept, but whose to say the wont pull the baskets out of the ground and say "to hell with disc golf, only slobs and drunks play"?

It just gives us all a bad name. O.K., drink, smoke, or whatever else, just use the damn provided garbage cans!! Is it really that hard?

Im no stranger to any of the things above, but Im not a slob. If I see someone else being, I definatly let them know. Playing for free is good for me why show a little respect and clean up after yourself....

Sorry for a long post, garbage just really ticks me off!!