• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Best "all around" disc from Innova?

you might look into getting some Factory Seconds from Innova too... not exactly 'recycled' per-say but they are discs that otherwise weren't fit for retail.

Kind of like getting shelter pet. In premium plastic.

Roc3 or Roc are your best bets for finding something Buzzz-like.

Factory Secnds are sweet but only if you order enough to get free shipping which I believe is $70.00 plus you get a 10% discount if you order 5-9 and 20% if you order over 10. The shipping starts at $6.00 which is the cost of a disc...

I would just recommend trying to find a used Buzz or Roc or Mako. They are all a little different but good discs to start with.

picture.php

Factory Secnds are sweet but only if you order enough to get free shipping which I believe is $70.00 plus you get a 10% discount if you order 5-9 and 20% if you order over 10. The shipping starts at $6.00 which is the cost of a disc...
yea if ordering from the proshop... shipping will kill ya.

some retailers stock F2's. was just throwing it out there in case the OP's local retailer does.

The mako fits your needs, but the Roc is the absolutely best mid I have ever thrown.

the only correct answer to the title question is the DX Roc.

buy 5. throw one till it starts to straighten out, then add a new one to the bag for hyzers. throw the old one some more till it starts to turn, and your new one you used for hyzers should be straightening out by then. add a new one. rinse and repeat indefinitely. only one mold to learn, and you get to learn how it acts over a complete lifetime :thmbup:

i would get the echo star leopard. great all around disc.

If you never thrown a roc, it will be different from your buzzz. But if you take time to adjust, you may like it more for true midrange shots. Buzzz is a better driver imo (I feel like it's a hybrid driver/mid).

so maybe a panther would be more similar to your buzzz, but a roc may convert you to another level.

All of these are great answers...

BUT

The OP is looking for Echo Star. Really only one option there: Mako. Now if the OP wants to branch out to Trilogy and their recycled plastics, well then there is a whole buttload of options.

I would think from an ecological standpoint anything in DX plastic is going to be not so great. Would think you'd want something durable that will last for a long time.

Obviously there are merits to cycling DX Rocs, but doing that that means you need to keep getting new discs to replace them as they wear down, and this process is much faster than with premium plastic discs.

I agree with the person who said reuse is better than recycling. Maybe you can find someone with a used Z Buzzz they don't want anymore, or get one from a store that re-sells equipment like Play It Again Sports.

I used to throw Rocs, and I always thought that when new they were way more overstable than the Buzzz, so if you like the straight flight of a Buzzz I would think a new Roc would't be the best replacement. If I had a fresh new Roc I'd want something less overstable to compliment it and wouldn't want to wait for the Roc to beat in to have access to a straight midrange.

But I haven't tried the Roc3, so I'm not sure what that's like exactly, and if you can find a used Roc may as well go for it. If it's too overstable you can always get a Buzzz and then you'd have the overstable/headwind and straight shots covered between those two.

Seriously...There have been maybe three people here who actually read the OP. He wants something recycled. Or, at the least, give some reasoning and a thought out response like krooster did

If being an Innova disc is not a must, I would recommend a BioFusion Truth by dynamic discs. Biofusion plastic is a recycled blend, like echo star, and the Truth is without a doubt the disc most resembling a Buzzz.

If you're looking for a mid range only, I'd give the Shark3 a try. That seems to be the straigtest, do-all disc they currently make.

Seriously...There have been maybe three people here who actually read the OP. He wants something recycled. Or, at the least, give some reasoning and a thought out response like krooster did

Fine, USED Comet (used = recycled). Sometimes we're on a cell phone waiting at a stop light checking the forum quick and don't have time for a longer response.

Kind of like getting shelter pet. In premium plastic.

That's pretty funny.

If you really want to have recycled plastic, Latitude's line of recycled is pretty extensive. Don't forget about DDs biofusion.

Buying used is also a great option. Some of my favorite flyers were picked up used.

Latest posts