• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Best beginner drivers I have found.....

Well monkey paws....... Funny you should ask. I just received one in the mail about a week @152 g . But I am nursing a torn calf and haven't got know the disk yet....... It seems pretty under stable from my first couple of throws, but I have high hopes for this disc in the wife's bag. I probably should have got her real diamonds for Christmas......ever see the episode of the Simpsons where homer gets marge a bowling ball that said homer on it?

I can say the opto plastic is of premium quality . And the rim will be friendly for smaller hands. (Rim is smaller in width and depth). Even with my gimpy calf, it seems like it might be too under stable for me. Her power level is ore in the putter and mid range area, but hangs up on putters. She does like her 150 buzz but does benefit in distance with her impact with proper release angle. I am hoping for the wife to be able to crack 200 with this disc. She throws an impact in 150 g right now to about 170. I will post more on the diamond after more testing

I can say the opto plastic is of premium quality . And the rim will be friendly for smaller hands. (Rim is smaller in width and depth). Even with my gimpy calf, it seems like it might be too under stable for me. Her power level is ore in the putter and mid range area, but hangs up on putters. She does like her 150 buzz but does benefit in distance with her impact with proper release angle. I am hoping for the wife to be able to crack 200 with this disc. She throws an impact in 150 g right now to about 170. I will post more on the diamond after more testing

From my experience, less is more with the Diamond: muscle it, and it won't respond well. A nice, easy flip, and it just has an extra gear of glide, and flies pretty far with minimal effort. Hope it works out for you.

First I would say that learning with distance driver's will not teach you good form. Use fairways.

Latitude makes the best fairway drivers to learn with IMO(Includes Westside and DD). They teach you to throw correctly. Instead of strong arming your throws, you have to learn to throw the disc correctly to get it's full potential. Innova DX fairways(Discmania or Millennium included)are probably second best for learning. I would not recommend any other company's drivers for beginners. In fact I bet you will find discs that you will stick with for a long time.

Was able to play today , sunny and about 50 today....... And have to say my best drives were with my maximizer. Still a little gimpy from torn calf , but was able to muster a 350 for my best today ( down hill). The maximizer just likes to pop up flat and glide. I did play the dx tbird a few times and like the fact that I can trust it not to go right. I did have one tee shot with the bird into the wind and it held up decent for me. Turned a little bit, but a basic s shot that finished in the middle. The t bird seems like it will be able to take all the power I can muster and not turn over. But it takes a little more oomph to get a straight flight. I still think new b players should give the maximizer a try, you don't have to throw 300+ to get a good fight out of it! but it is capable of some respectable distance. Mine is 165g competition plastic,I also have the gummy in 165 and it is a touch more stable. The gummy is super rubbery and I like the competition plastic better. Still haven't spent any time with the latitude diamond, I bought it for the wife. So will review it more when she gets to throw it. Hopefully she will make it out Sunday for a round.

Latest posts