• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best DG in the country.

I think there is a bug. When I put in my zip code 55912 and distance from zip as 25 miles, it misses 3 courses 19 miles away in Albert Lea. Then, when I only change the distance to 50 miles, those 3 courses come up in the list, showing as 19 miles away.

I think there is a bug. When I put in my zip code 55912 and distance from zip as 25 miles, it misses 3 courses 19 miles away in Albert Lea. Then, when I only change the distance to 50 miles, those 3 courses come up in the list, showing as 19 miles away.

ive never noticed something like that, but when i put in 50 miles, i typically get courses as far away as 62 or so. same for any distance

The DFW area is pretty awesome for DG. Here in Irving, I can drive pretty much the same distance N, S, E or W and have great variety on a course that I rate at 4 or better. And I have several choices for an easier but still fun quick round right around the corner. I love some other areas I've played, but they just don't have the variety we have here.

Okay, I added Tampa, Houston, South Lake Tahoe (nice one!), and I changed the ZIP for Dallas. dbanderson, the zip code search isn't perfect, but it's what I use for this list. I don't know why your 19 mile courses aren't showing up in the 25 but they do in the 50.

meccas-2014-08-05_zps1a595e31.jpg

I haven't read the whole thread but damn I wouldn't want to live in Chicago. With 63 courses you would think it would have some better courses.

I really like that list and I'll have to keep it in mind when traveling.

I have to get out to Denver though.

I found a Kansas City zip (66077) that includes an extra 4.0+ course within 25 miles, so it is now at 37 total, with 3 at 4+ and 5 at 3.75+. Ummm, good job Kansas City -- at being close enough to Ozawkie Kansas.

Found a better Des Moines zip, bumping them to 3 at 4.0+ and 4 at 3.75+. Previous zip didn't include Colfax, rated 3.79. Also, I can click the map and get both Pickard and ISU within 25 miles, which would get them to 5 at 3.75+, but can't find a zip code that picks them both up.

Chicago is killing it with sheer amount of courses. Someone's putting in work there!

Sheer amount might look impressive but according to the numbers, only around 5% of them are worth it, after spending an hour or more fighting traffic.

Okay, I went searching for any other places with 4 courses at 4.0+. I found only 1 new one: Louisville!

I did find several places with 3 courses at 4.0+, such as Buffalo, Tulsa, Peoria, east of Paw Paw (to grab Hagerstown), and north of Santa Fe.

Additionally, and more importantly, I found better zip codes for Augusta Maine and Ann Arbor, bumping them up.

Again, this list is sorted by the 3.75+ column -- although some would argue it should be by the 4.00+ column, just looking at the places with 4 courses at 4.0+.

meccas-2014-08-06_zps0ccb115d.jpg

as it is being pointed out over and over again, zip codes don't even give you accurate info. that coupled with the fact that zip codes are all completely different sizes makes this not very accurate. i also disagree with your list only using courses 3.75 and above... you're leaving out a lot of very good courses that way when considering you're looking at just cities and the surrounding area.

if you place a dot in the middle of Charlotte and go 25 miles out there are 16 courses 3.5+. Ann Arbor only has 8... and you're saying Ann Arbor is better? You're also in no way accounting for the actual review scores for each course. One city could have a bunch right at 3.75 while another could have a bunch up in the high 4's, that's not being accounted for.

Last edited:
as it is being pointed out over and over again, zip codes don't even give you accurate info. that coupled with the fact that zip codes are all completely different sizes makes this not very accurate. i also disagree with your list only using courses 3.75 and above... you're leaving out a lot of very good courses that way when considering you're looking at just cities and the surrounding area.

if you place a dot in the middle of Charlotte and go 25 miles out there are 16 courses 3.5+. Ann Arbor only has 8... and you're saying Ann Arbor is better? You're also in no way accounting for the actual review scores for each course. One city could have a bunch right at 3.75 while another could have a bunch up in the high 4's, that's not being accounted for.

Uhhhhh, sorry I hi-jacked your thread.

Don't be sorry, Ann Arbor is better than anything those NC peeps got (even though I have never played in NC yet), GO BLUE!

Edit: Good to see Tampa finaly getting some love.

Latest posts