• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

best disc golf dvd?

Jzendt13

Par Member
I don't own any disc golf DVDs but I'm looking to buy one to entertain me sometime I'm bored. What DVD would You recommend if you you could only own one.

The USDGC DVDs are all pretty good. And I love the extra stuff on the Vibram open DVDs such as Bloopers(love watching pros nail the first tree.)

clash dvds are hit or miss. the actual clash shoots 1-9 are pretty good if you can handle billy crump however the tourneys he covers are hit or miss.

the tourneys i think are worth watching are the VTI, charleston classic, and 09 dubs

The best disc golf DVD doesn't even exist yet. It's a doubles match of Myself & BrotherDave vs. BraveThrower & ChainAddicted.

Coming to a store near you, soon!

:|

I think its first helpful to realize the difference between tourney coverage and clash series coverage.
Clash focuses on a handful of players and follows them through an entire round.
Event coverage can sometimes be jumpy or only covering certain holes.
Marshall street dvds and vibram are my favs for tourney coverage.
For clash, brp is most polished, hornets nest the most fun, and valarta the best golf to watch (imo).

I've watched a lot of youtube instructional videos and was wondering if there are any instructional dvds worth getting?

The guy that filmed most of the recent USDGC's just posted tourney footage for the 2012 Azalea on youtube. Pretty good stuff, and no Billy commentary.
Probably my favorite DVD is the first one I watched, the 2006 USDGC.
My next favorite is the 2010 Castle Hayne Tourney DVD.

I've watched a lot of youtube instructional videos and was wondering if there are any instructional dvds worth getting?

The Disc Golf Monthly 94 and 95 have some good stuff and are available for free on YouTube.

The best instructional videos are on YouTube, IMHO.
Dave Feldberg on putting (don't think it's on YouTube anymore).
The Discraft videos (some good, some not).
The Dan Beato vid.

The best disc golf DVD doesn't even exist yet. It's a doubles match of Myself & BrotherDave vs. BraveThrower & ChainAddicted.

Coming to a store near you, soon!

:|

WTF WHY DO I HAVE TO PLAY WITH ARIC!!!??? :wall:

My next favorite is the 2010 Castle Hayne Tourney DVD.

Forgot about that one. Its another one of the better clash tourneys and you can turn off billy if you want :thmbup:

i like msdgc 2004 a lot. the big drives/big putts segments are awesome, the skins battle is sweet, and the mpo battle comes down to the last hole...

My fav so far is 2010 USDGC. Nice, clean video, solid audio and there are multiple audio tracks. Just Billy, Billy and Will, No commentary.

Latest posts