• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc Golf Shoes?

I have a pair of the Merrell Moabs. Very comfortable, great grip, and holding up quite well after about a month and a half and a good 50+ rounds in on em. The only con I have found so far (other than the cost!) was that they don't breath very well, and my feet do get warm during the summer months. (although I can imagine they'll be nice for those November rounds in Wisconsin!)

i used to be a big supporter of Merrells. But in the last couple years their quality has drasticly declined. i would not spend a penny on a pair of shoes from them.

i will be on the search myself here come winter when my last pair of merrels wear out. so after 6yrs of the same shoes i gotta change.

btw- biggest compliant is that they switched from a two-stage insole that molded to your foot to a piece of foam that disintegrates and holds moisture. also, my first pair last almost 3 years before seams started to seperate. the last two pairs have begun seperating within a couple months under the same conditions.

i dont like Keens but thats not because of quality. they just dont make a shoe that i find comfortable to wear all day.

Well I have been using my North Face Hedgehogs for the past year and the comfort is amazing, traction is still in tact, its just the toe cap is wearing on my left foot really bad. I'm a bowler so I tend to drag my foot on my follow through out of 20 years of habit lol.

This is awesome and all of the responses are great. I really like the waterproof so I am for sure going to stick with that since we have been getting poured on here in Ohio quite frequently. This is only going to be my second pair of DG shoes, so I actually want to do my research.

Has anyone used any of the other Keen shoes, minus the Milo's?

Yes, but I find keens in general to ba a lil too wide and heavy.
The hedgehogs' cross patterened nubs are too much for disc golf.

I have a pair of the Merrell Moabs. Very comfortable, great grip, and holding up quite well after about a month and a half and a good 50+ rounds in on em. The only con I have found so far (other than the cost!) was that they don't breath very well, and my feet do get warm during the summer months. (although I can imagine they'll be nice for those November rounds in Wisconsin!)

Moabs are great all around- not quite specialized in any area, but good in all.
If you know that's the shoe for you, try the moab ventilator, it takes the moad and shaves it down a lil for better breathability. They also make a goretex version.

i used to be a big supporter of Merrells. But in the last couple years their quality has drasticly declined. i would not spend a penny on a pair of shoes from them.

i will be on the search myself here come winter when my last pair of merrels wear out. so after 6yrs of the same shoes i gotta change.

btw- biggest compliant is that they switched from a two-stage insole that molded to your foot to a piece of foam that disintegrates and holds moisture. also, my first pair last almost 3 years before seams started to seperate. the last two pairs have begun seperating within a couple months under the same conditions.

i dont like Keens but thats not because of quality. they just dont make a shoe that i find comfortable to wear all day.

Agree about the insoles.
I suggest upgraded insoles. 25-55 bucks but if you're the type to notice differences, they may be worth it.

psst... I hear he has 5 sets of black high heels :doh:.

I have been very happy with my Merrels. Also if you have wide feed like me they come in a wide size that actually fits!
9YnEUqp7_2h_gIaVEjq6tRCE3cGGE2Dydv-vZzedOqI247tcYmubejnvWvVU_piUvuxKyLanpxRV4XFmNJXu8XiiFhlG-utfLMK68HWj7IQJ4yrxEs4LcNdXi0vhsRhkSkSjV77oBg

This. I've only had mine for about 30 rounds. They're really comfortable for the club footed. I hope they're as durable as they are comfortable.

I wear these New Balance 573's. They are not waterproof, but they are very comfortable, and gives me great traction on all kinds of terrain.

newblance573.jpg

Lowa Renegade GTX. I use low tops in the summer and and mids in the winter. Other than price, I have no reason to even try anything else.

1058354-p-DETAILED.jpg

PROBLEM: bought a pair of $160 salomon trail running shoes last month and the sole is allready coming off
PROBLEM SOLVED: called BackCountry.com and told them the situation and they said, "send them back and we'll refund you're money or they can send me a brand new pair"...they didn't even care they were used, they said they wanted me to be completely satisfied with my purchase.

i know this sounds like a sales pitch, but I just wanted to pass on the word...if you wanna buy a pair of golf shoes and don't want to have to worry about durability then shop at backcountry. after this they have my business for life

PROBLEM: bought a pair of $160 salomon trail running shoes last month and the sole is allready coming off
PROBLEM SOLVED: called BackCountry.com and told them the situation and they said, "send them back and we'll refund you're money or they can send me a brand new pair"...they didn't even care they were used, they said they wanted me to be completely satisfied with my purchase.

i know this sounds like a sales pitch, but I just wanted to pass on the word...if you wanna buy a pair of golf shoes and don't want to have to worry about durability then shop at backcountry. after this they have my business for life

Merrall does the same thing. Greatness

...this year got a pair of Merrel's (not sure what model) with Vibram Soles. These things are great. They give me really good footing through New England's rugged courses. They're also really comfortable to the point that I don't even notice the fact that I've been on my feet all day.

I concur!!! I got a pair of Merrell's (Moab Ventilator) for Father's Day...The Cat's Meow!

Anyone out there with a size 15? Seems like most the out door shoes only feel men with size 14's would like to be out there. Would love to hear any suggestions.

ive had the merrel moab's vent low tops, and moab high top gore tex boots(my favorite), i wore a pair of merrel chamelion's out in like 4 months :/ i have a pair of keen targhee II's right now and they are really comfortable but a couple of the treads on them have started to come off :/ for the money i'd say go with the moab's they lasted me the longest out of all of them