• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc Golf Shoes?

Anyone out there with a size 15? Seems like most the out door shoes only feel men with size 14's would like to be out there. Would love to hear any suggestions.

You may need to order online.
endless.com and others.

i recommend you pick your shoes based on the specific course. I wear running shoes sometimes, and a light low-top boot other times, based on the ground type amount of pokey crap im going to pick up in my socks.

As far as I'm aware, there is no "illegal" footwear for PDGA tournaments. You can play barefoot if you want. Show up in some strappy pumps. The only gear they care about keeping legal are the discs.

slippers and flip-flops are allowed but you can not play barefoot per the competition manual

3.4 Dress Code

C. All competitors and staff are required to wear shoes or other foot coverings. Players will not be allowed to play in bare feet. Sandals or slides are allowed.

ok, i was wrong, slides not slippers... lol

Anyone out there with a size 15? Seems like most the out door shoes only feel men with size 14's would like to be out there. Would love to hear any suggestions.

i also wear a 15 you do need to order online shoebuy.com is good and you can always find discount codes

Anyone out there tried the Teva Churn? Saw them in REI and was very intrigued. Extremely lightweight, highly breathable, a solid and substantial sole, and protection for the entire foot (I just don't like shoes that leave parts of my foot exposed, at least not for dg). Made for the water, so they dry very quickly, no prob running into the water to retrive plastic.... $80

Seems a bit pricey, but less than some others. I'd like to pay less, but I could also see wearing them for non DG stuff as well, as they aren't really fugly.
Who knows anything about them or where to get a break on the price (if possible)?

Teva Churn

Last edited:
Bite shoes are like 25 bucks and will last you at least two years of weekly play. Vibram soles great grip and best bang for the buck that I have seen. Not goretex but I step in water all the time, and if it doesnt get up to the laces my feet stay dry. Really great shoe, that no one seems to be wearing.

BiteGolfTrekker2.jpg

I traded in a pair of Merrel Moab Gortex
Mens-MERRELL-Moab-Gore-Tex-Xcr-Moab-Gore-Tex-Xcr-Espresso-M86905.jpg

...which were too narrow (I usually need a wide size), and have a rough seam on the achilles that wore a blister the first round I played with them.

I traded for these at REI
http://www.rei.com/product/819317/keen-gypsum-hiking-shoes-mens
24a3152a-8fd1-48aa-8c2d-df611f131b4b.jpg

Keen Gypsum
They have a bigger toe box, which fit my foot better, and a much better insole to start with.
Nice big toe cap, and tons of grip.
Much more comfortable in general...

Last edited:
Bite shoes are like 25 bucks and will last you at least two years of weekly play. Vibram soles great grip and best bang for the buck that I have seen. Not goretex but I step in water all the time, and if it doesnt get up to the laces my feet stay dry. Really great shoe, that no one seems to be wearing.

BiteGolfTrekker2.jpg

where can you find these?

BiteGolfTrekker2.jpg

I owned a pair of Bite sandals when they were first introduced and almost nobody had heard of soft spikes. I got told a few times they were not appropriate for ball golf courses but dear lord were they comfortable and wore like iron. I think the reason nobody is wearing them is almost nobody knows about Bite or where to get them. I tried looking for some on the net the other day and I had to work to find them.

where can you find these?

Gggt had them...i think they only have a couple small sizes now.

Crocs bought Bite in like 2007 but I think they folded the company.
And the trekker was discontinued long ago. They are awesome dg shoes.

I'm in the market for some new shoes and I was just wondering what people on here use and what seems to work. The only things that I need are and good toe cap and waterproof lining. After that, I'm sure every company makes shoes that have good grip and are comfortable. I know the Milo II's are good, but I've been looking at the Keen Tyron's and they seem like they may work as well. Just wanted a little insight before I made a purchase that I'm going to have to deal with for a while!

I can't say enough great things about the terrex line by Adidas. I just retired a pair of swift r gtx that had over 300 rounds in them. Used for 18 months and we're still waterproof until February, when I got one caught on a barbed wire and tore a small gash in the side. After all that abuse they still have grip, and support. The toe box is a little narrower than most hiking shoes, but not by much. I played on mostly concrete pads and a lot of long holes. Well worth the $ IMO. I replaced that single pair with two pairs. One waterproof and one not. The gore-tex does get warm in the hot season. I'll wear the regular ones when it's nice and the WP when it's cool or wet.

I can't say enough great things about the terrex line by Adidas. I just retired a pair of swift r gtx that had over 300 rounds in them. Used for 18 months and we're still waterproof until February, when I got one caught on a barbed wire and tore a small gash in the side. After all that abuse they still have grip, and support. The toe box is a little narrower than most hiking shoes, but not by much. I played on mostly concrete pads and a lot of long holes. Well worth the $ IMO. I replaced that single pair with two pairs. One waterproof and one not. The gore-tex does get warm in the hot season. I'll wear the regular ones when it's nice and the WP when it's cool or wet.

I stepped up to the Terrex Skychaser GTX a couple of weeks ago. If the Swift R's are a Cadillac, the Skychasers are a Bentley.

I'm done spending money on shoes for disc golf. A pair of $20 Ozark Trails from Wal-Mart and their crappy Chinese materials hold together well enough for dedicated DG abuse.

I just checked thrifts stores for about a week every couple days, found a pair of merrils for like 10 bucks. Work fantastic. I'm thrifty as hell tho so I pretty much check all the time and get anything I'll use at a good deal even if I don't need it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone is truly looking for a bomb proof pair of disc golf boots they are the Alico summits. (Warning you will hate this boot till you break them in which will be the worse break in you every experience) trust me i own two pair and i am fearing the second pair break in but once you do you won't want to take them off your feet they become so comfortable. They are old school all leather backpacking boots handmade in Italy made from one piece of oil tanned leather one seam at the back of the boot where are the Heal comes together. They are also Norwegian welted all the way around the outside of the Vibram sole which is the thickest sole Vibram make's the Montagna. (Another Warning my size 12 weigh in at almost 6 pounds). No need to be worried about wet feet the the 2.6 to 3.0 mm water proof oil tanned leather combined with one seam and the Norwegian storm welt stitching blocks water up to the top of the gusseted tongue ( about 4.5 inches). They are definitely over kill on some courses, but if you are playing really sloppy wet rough courses they will not disappoint. I have been using mine for 7 years but normally don't throw on concrete teepads except for a few course's. Cons heavy, a nightmare to break in, can be warm in summer because of the thickness of the leather upper combined with the calfskin leather lining, no soft cushioning in the midsole. Pros incredible support, a Vibram Rubber Sole that is extremely thick and wear resistant, 100% waterproof without the use of Gore Tex ( which always fails usually within 2 years of heavy use) if somehow you managed to wear out the sole it's easily replaced for as little as $50 with a cobbler, if the boot is condition and treated many reviewers have gotten 20+ years out of the boot. This boot will definitely not be for everybody but if you truly are sick of your disc golf shoes wearing out this one will last. The only store in the US that carries them to my knowledge is Sierra Trading Post. I got mine on sale for 175.00 yes expensive but I've been wearing them for 7 years without a resole yet. Forgot to mention the insoles are junk thrown them out in the garbage and buy a good pair of after market ones.