• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc Golf Shoes?

My vote goes for Adidas Barricades (Fours were the best followed by the Seven) when I'm playing flat and open courses, MOABs when I'm playing everything else.

My vote goes for Adidas Barricades (Fours were the best followed by the Seven) when I'm playing flat and open courses, MOABs when I'm playing everything else.

Which MOAB model? they make a trail running shoe the MOAB FKT or speed demon some name like that as it keeps changing with each model of MOAB trail running shoe, MOAB low hiker, and MOAB high top hiking shoe, not to mention all those models in gore-tex as well.

Which MOAB model? they make a trail running shoe the MOAB FKT or speed demon some name like that as it keeps changing with each model of MOAB trail running shoe, MOAB low hiker, and MOAB high top hiking shoe, not to mention all those models in gore-tex as well.

The one most comfortable to me at the time I'm trying them all on.

The best shoes I have found for disc golf have been waterproof trail running shoes with vibram soles. They have the mix of lightness and grip that I need. It seems like the twisting and turning on concrete tees are a death sentence for any shoe so I just wear the one that is the most comfortable. I prefer Salomon, Innov8, and Altra right now.

Also, I prefer waterproof as I play a lot of morning rounds and it protects me from dew and small puddles that I would step in. The trail running shoes are all around 10 OZ so the extra weight is negligible and the breathability of trail shoes is great.

I can generally get close to 75-100 rounds on them, which equates to roughly 300 miles depending on which courses I play. That is a number where you start to see breakdown in cushioning so you should be replacing your shoes anyway. I see a lot of people complaining about shoes not lasting a year or longer. Think about how often you play, and think about how many miles you are walking. Would you expect a tennis sneaker to last 1000 miles and still perform well?

Last edited:
Xeroshoes has a 5,000 mile warranty on their outsoles......just saying :D

I have been reconsidering everything I though I knew about DG shoes. Tried Keen, initially they we're great wasn't impressed with the durability of waterproofing. Tried Merrell next and was most Impressed with the quality of the outsole and the confidence that it gave me across all terrain, again not impressed with the durability at all, even less so than the keen. I need to try some more I guess and I don't care I'd they only last a year but they need to last the whole year at least.

I have been reconsidering everything I though I knew about DG shoes. Tried Keen, initially they we're great wasn't impressed with the durability of waterproofing. Tried Merrell next and was most Impressed with the quality of the outsole and the confidence that it gave me across all terrain, again not impressed with the durability at all, even less so than the keen. I need to try some more I guess and I don't care I'd they only last a year but they need to last the whole year at least.

Ever try some of the Baseball turf shoes? Some of those are built for throwing motions with feet that are similar to what disc golf players use and they do not have the cleats or metal cleats that regular baseball shoes have. Just stay away from the lowest price Turf shoes unless it is just a sale model as the lowes price ones will just be not as durable from some that are in the low end but not the lowest end.

Try some of the Merrell but make sure they are the low cut hikers, they fit the best for those who wear out most other brands early. The Trail Running shoes from Merell most are not that durable for trail running even, they blow out early due to howthe upper is made on most of those shoes.

Last edited:
I have tried Kheens, which we're comfortable at first, but once broken in not so much. Merrill's but the sole came apart from the shoe rather quickly. Nike trail runners were the most comfortable and performed awesome for a few rounds, but the sole would start to wear off on the tee pad on round 1! Innov8 makes super comfortable low profile shoes for you five finger guys, they are pricey, and wear out pretty quickly as well. Adidas Terrex are the best I have found because I can't afford to buy a new pair every three months, and because of this thread I just went to adidas outdoor and scored a pair for $42 shipped. As long as you don't need goretex you can usually find a good deal. Expect to pay around $80 for goretex. They last forever, my current pair was used for all of last season with minimal wear.

Are they comfortable? Honestly?

They are super lightweight, almost feel like you are barefoot. Ok, really feel like you are barefoot. You will feel every rock and every twig you step on, and they are not the warmest. That said, I have grown used to minimal footwear and I really love the Prio shoes. Also, all previous issues I have had with my feet are gone, and my knee and back problems have lessened. I do get tired faster though, barefoot-ish walking takes alot of energy.

They are super lightweight, almost feel like you are barefoot. Ok, really feel like you are barefoot. You will feel every rock and every twig you step on, and they are not the warmest. That said, I have grown used to minimal footwear and I really love the Prio shoes. Also, all previous issues I have had with my feet are gone, and my knee and back problems have lessened. I do get tired faster though, barefoot-ish walking takes alot of energy.

Curious what previous issues you had with your feet might have been? I've dealt with plantar fasciitis and typically have to be careful with shoes

I had acute Plantar Fasciitis that only flamed up when running or standing in place. As a disclaimer I will say that I now walk from the balls of my feet rather than the heel, which the minimalist shoes help out tremendously. I also run and hike that way as well now, but it is a slow process to build up those muscles.

I had acute Plantar Fasciitis that only flamed up when running or standing in place. As a disclaimer I will say that I now walk from the balls of my feet rather than the heel, which the minimalist shoes help out tremendously. I also run and hike that way as well now, but it is a slow process to build up those muscles.

You might like the Newton Running shoes. they have helped a runner in town who was at one point a near qualifier for the Olympic Marathon trials back in the late 2000's fix his stride from a flat foot landing with extra muscle emphasis on heel to a more mid foot strike though he sill is a tad bouncy though even in minimal running shoes, he had some of the Asics Racing flat that was just a sock liner glued to the rubber sole for a training shoe as he prefered at the time the Hyper Speed or the Nosia Tri Racer when the Hyper Speed changed. Now the Nosia tri Racer is ASICS Gel Hyper-Tri model.

I also noticed with my running since I have used the Brooks Cascadia for most running though I have racing flats for going for my PR and track work that the Brooks Cascadia is making it so I have to run more mid foot then I did before especially on most paved surfaces as the denser compressed midsole for trail is making it so I have to run more mid foot off trail.

Last edited:
You might like the Newton Running shoes. they have helped a runner in town who was at one point a near qualifier for the Olympic Marathon trials back in the late 2000's fix his stride from a flat foot landing with extra muscle emphasis on heel to a more mid foot strike though he sill is a tad bouncy though even in minimal running shoes, he had some of the Asics Racing flat that was just a sock liner glued to the rubber sole for a training shoe as he prefered at the time the Hyper Speed or the Nosia Tri Racer when the Hyper Speed changed. Now the Nosia tri Racer is ASICS Gel Hyper-Tri model.

I also noticed with my running since I have used the Brooks Cascadia for most running though I have racing flats for going for my PR and track work that the Brooks Cascadia is making it so I have to run more mid foot then I did before especially on most paved surfaces as the denser compressed midsole for trail is making it so I have to run more mid foot off trail.

I currently use Vibram Five Fingers for running. They have unparalleled grip for trails and boulders. I don't really do any road running anymore unless I am out for a short jog around the neighborhood. I plan on transitioning to the Xeroshoes running sandals after my current pair of Five Fingers wear out.

I currently have the Keen Saltzman but they are pretty snug on my wide ass feet and start to get pretty uncomfortable after a couple rounds. Anybody have any suggestions for a good disc golf shoe that won't pinch my wide ass feet? Preferably waterproof but not a dealbreaker as long as the fit is comfortable.

I have narrowed down my shoe mold. Adidas Tracerockers are perfect for me. Light weight/durable/cheap/stylish/comfortable.

Fyi, the traxion sole on the cheaper adidas outdoor shoes is extremely durable and grippy. I have a cheap hiking pair that i have put roughly a couple hundred of miles on with next to no slippage and still have plenty of tread.

That Continental sole may be overrated.

Anyone used spikeless ball golf shoes? I play mainly parks and ball golf courses. The new puma nxt look great!

Latest posts