• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc Golf Shoes?

I would probably go with Merrells for a wide foot. They offer a few models of their shoes in WIDE sizes and they are quite comfortable.

I would avoid Adidas Terrex as those run pretty skinny and take a bit to break in.

Yeah I avoid Adidas shoes because they run rather narrow. Will take a look at Merrells. Any certain model?

Yeah I avoid Adidas shoes because they run rather narrow. Will take a look at Merrells. Any certain model?

If you go to their website and click on Mens shoes you can then select the "W" for Wide to see all models. I would lean towards the Moab/Moab2 from my past experience. But looks like they have some new models in wide that might be worth a look like the Alverstone and Pulsate. :thmbup:

Went to my local outdoor store to pick up some hiking/trail shoes and found out they were going out of business. Picked up a pair of Salomon SpeedCross 5's in my size for $77 out the door. The fit perfect and I couldn't pass up the deal.

my MOAB 2 GTX's have held up crazy good since I got them early this summer. Despite thinking I was going to play all summer in my Adidas AX2's, I ended up mostly playing in the MOABs as they are gore tex and keep my feet dry. Since I broke my shoulder a month ago, I can't tie my shoes very well and I went camping this past weekend. I had my daughter tie my shoes for me before I left on Friday afternoon and they never came off (I had sprayed my feet with spray anti-perspirant/deodorant) but I wore them straight through Sunday afternoon before I finally took them off. Feet felt great, the gore tex worked like a charm, no smell haha. I have put these MOAB2's through a LOT of hiking over the past five months, they still hold up great. Exceeded my expectations, especially after reading reviews that said Merrill quality has gone downhill.

Nordstrom Rack has the Adidas Tracerocker GTX discounted down to $59.97. Orders over $100 get free shipping so I ordered two sizes. Free returns in store.

My Salomon Outline GTX are pretty beat after 6 months of use. They are super comfy but durability wasn't the greatest.

I need a new pair of shoes for disc golf but I have been unable to find any in my size. I wear a 9 1/2 with a 4e (extra wide) width. Also, I only want waterproof or what is the point. I have had Merrill's but they apparently no longer make extra wide. I am not a fan of high tops.

Does anyone have any idea of a place for me to look? Thanks.

New Balance makes 4e trail shoes with toe protectors. I'm not sure if they are water proof or not. Worth a look.

my MOAB 2 GTX's have held up crazy good since I got them early this summer. Despite thinking I was going to play all summer in my Adidas AX2's, I ended up mostly playing in the MOABs as they are goretex and keep my feet dry. Since I broke my shoulder a month ago, I can't tie my shoes very well and I went camping this past weekend. I had my daughter tie my shoes for me before I left on Friday afternoon and they never came off (I had sprayed my feet with spray anti-perspirant/deodorant) but I wore them straight through Sunday afternoon before I finally took them off. Feet felt great, the gore tex worked like a charm, no smell haha. I have put these MOAB2's through a LOT of hiking over the past five months, they still hold up great. Exceeded my expectations, especially after reading reviews that said Merrill quality has gone downhill.

Most of that quality of shoes going down was in the Trail running shoes namely the minimal pairs and the near minimal models, not the low cut hikers. The MOAB models even the trail running/fast-packing pair hold up well as the orginal model was made more for a light hiker. My brother for his regular shoes is wearing low cut MOAB style the non goretex and they fit his EEE to EEEE wide 10 1/2 to 11 USA size feet.

Before the MOAB he had the high top Cabela's take off of the MOAB high top, but the stuff that has the Cabella's name on it is getting replaced with all the stuff that has the Bass Pro name on it due to the recent merger in 2017 even though most of the Cabela's stores are staying the same name same as Bass Pro shops. Only new stores in towns without either store are having both Cabela's and Bass Pro on the stores. Sad since Bass Pro stuff being almost the same product from same companies as Cabela's stuff is not nearly the same quality as the Cabela's stuff that lasts years, the Bass Pro stuff is still quality just most of the Bass Pro products only lasts about 3/4 as long as the Cabela's same product.

I would probably go with Merrells for a wide foot. They offer a few models of their shoes in WIDE sizes and they are quite comfortable.

I would avoid Adidas Terrex as those run pretty skinny and take a bit to break in.

I really like Merrells and have had very good luck with them. But, I have found that Keen's seem to have a wider toe box. I don't have wide feed, so both have been good choices. Keen's can be ordered in wide sizes as well.

I use Salomon XA PRO 3Ds (in wide). I agree, avoid Adidas in general unless you have narrow feet.

Asolo Hiking shoes

My favorite Disc Golf shoes the last few years have been by Asolo. I picked them up at REI.

Waterproof, lightweight, low profile, Vibram rubber, great quality.

Expensive but worth it. Keen's and Merrell's don't last for squat.

https://www.rei.com/product/128119/asolo-agent-evo-gv-hiking-shoes-mens

5bec295a-eb5f-48ab-8fc6-1b8e6b0e187a

The Teva's are good too. A little heavier but good quality.
https://www.rei.com/product/120663/teva-arrowood-riva-wp-shoes-mens

I did a quick search this morning for a pair of Merrell Moab 2 and came across REI selling a USED pair. I've never seen anybody selling used shoes before. Is this something new? These were "Lightly worn" but there was also a "Moderately worn" condition that they offer when available. The price was good at $48. I imagine lightly worn is that they didn't fit and somebody returned them. I don't think I'd be comfortable buying moderately worn shoes, though. :\

REI is the only retailer I know of that regularly sells used shoes. That's because they have such a great return policy. If your not happy with your purchase, you can return it.

I think they started limiting that to 1 year from date of purchase for clothing/shoes, because people were abusing the policy, returning worn out shoes 2-3 years after they were purchased.

They then sell the returned merch at a discount.

Not many places will let you return a pair of shoes that have visible wear on them.

REI is the only retailer I know of that regularly sells used shoes. That's because they have such a great return policy. If your not happy with your purchase, you can return it.

I think they started limiting that to 1 year from date of purchase for clothing/shoes, because people were abusing the policy, returning worn out shoes 2-3 years after they were purchased.

They then sell the returned merch at a discount.

Not many places will let you return a pair of shoes that have visible wear on them.

I'd jump at the chance to buy lightly used - keeps them out of the landfill, less money, probably same return policy anyway. Got any used FDs in that warehouse, REI??

QRU1tsO

Tearing like pictures in link. Can I get a waterproof shoe that's lightweight and durable in area where currently tearing? Too much to ask?
Link not seeming to show up. Trying this:

http://imgur.com/a/QRU1tsO

Went to my local outdoor store to pick up some hiking/trail shoes and found out they were going out of business. Picked up a pair of Salomon SpeedCross 5's in my size for $77 out the door. The fit perfect and I couldn't pass up the deal.

How have they worked out?

I've used that Solomon Speedcross and it's a good shoe. mostly I use Asics trail runners though.

I've used that Solomon Speedcross and it's a good shoe. mostly I use Asics trail runners though.

How's the support of the Solomon Speedcross? I currently play a lot of pretty rugged courses, so support/stability matters a lot. Comfort doesn't do me much good if it can't handle a slope, rocks/roots, etc.

I do have a pair of Asics trail runners right now (lower end, Gel-Venture 6) which I bought to hopefully replace some awesome New Balance trail runners that they stopped making a few years ago. I've been a little disappointed. Maybe they just don't fit my feet as well as the New Balance?

My current go-to disc golf shoes are a pair of Columbia Redmond hiking shoes. They are comfortable, durable, and give the right amount of support while allowing enough motion/flexibility. I think I paid $70 or so. Definitely worth the price.

How's the support of the Solomon Speedcross? I currently play a lot of pretty rugged courses, so support/stability matters a lot. Comfort doesn't do me much good if it can't handle a slope, rocks/roots, etc.

I do have a pair of Asics trail runners right now (lower end, Gel-Venture 6) which I bought to hopefully replace some awesome New Balance trail runners that they stopped making a few years ago. I've been a little disappointed. Maybe they just don't fit my feet as well as the New Balance?

My current go-to disc golf shoes are a pair of Columbia Redmond hiking shoes. They are comfortable, durable, and give the right amount of support while allowing enough motion/flexibility. I think I paid $70 or so. Definitely worth the price.

support is pretty good on the Speedcross. I don't live in a crazy rocky area, but I still scramble up and down ridiculous creek beds to retrieve discs where a 55 yo shouldn't. fit is everything though. Asics are always spot on for me and New Balance rarely work. I would buy the Speedcross again if I stumbled on a deal

Latest posts