• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best discs you've found

Also, this is more of a funny story, but my dad was watching a youth baseball game, when he had to take a leak. He went into the corn field behind him and while he was going, he found a DX Shark. This field was nowhere near a disc golf course which made it really weird. My brother also found a DX Shark in the woods at a park (where he was doing field work) that didn't belong to him. I'm still waiting to find a Shark in a bizarre place.:D

I'm not sure it's the coolest disc, but I've found 3 or 4 150g DX Leopards. And it's cool that that's the disc that I keep finding. It's like the universe is trying to tell me something. Like I have OAT :p

And a "funny" story ...

I went to a new park to do some field practice. I shanked a shot. While looking for it, I found half a dozen of my discs ... I'm pretty sure I didn't sell/trade/lose them. Makes me think I should keep better track ... :rolleyes:

The very first round of disc golf I ever played, I found a dx stingray on the first hole in the left side rough(Looking for my very first throw with my new Sabre, lost it on the first throw). Two holes later, I found a 9x KC Aviar in a thorn bush next to my proto wizard. I went back out the next day to look for my Sabre, found it by the way, but also found a Yellow Taffy CE TL sitting in the weeds too. Keep in mind, this was when you could still get CE and 9x's for fairly cheap.

Probably my bottom stamp DX Roc. My buddy actually found it in a lake and just handed it to me and said, "Here, you throw Rocs."

Every single disc I found so far was marked and returned.

I dont know about you americans, but here in switzerland all golfers know each other, all value their plastic and nobody would throw an unmarked disc. So we return them. The scene is so small, if i'd use a disc i find, the owner would probably see me using it at the next tournament.

Last edited:
Every disc I've found with no ink and I sold for 10 or more dollars. Those dollars go towards the discs I really want.

found a Lightning #3 hyzer (F-18 hornet rename) floating in a lake. No name on it (+) glow plastic.

I know they aren't great discs...but this one is perfectly beat in to the point it is a straight line missile as a midrange FH disc.

So not a high $$ pickup...but a huge functionality pickup

Just before winter hit I built a lake rake in two days fished out 27 disc returned 5 no answer or txt back to 9 others were unmarked.one I like the best is a soft champion shark..feels like gstar almost.. Throw it on slight hyzer flips up flat and just goes straight

r2utsy.jpg

My first ever found disc, found this in 2002, run 1.11 circa 1996

To find discs, you must look for them. If you do not find a disc, look elsewhere. Do not fear the water. My simple rules for disc hunting will work for you, too! Just last spring I used my patented techniques to find an opto Pure in the ditch. Cats were walking by it all day, so I jumped in and fished it out. A sweet High Plains Challenge stamp, and a disconnected phone number. A week later, in the pond I found a DX Aviar with the a same name, and the same disconnected phone. Thief? Whatever. I pay my cell phone bills.

Every single disc I found so far was marked and returned.

I dont know about you americans, but here in switzerland all golfers know each other, all value their plastic and nobody would throw an unmarked disc. So we return them. The scene is so small, if i'd use a disc i find, the owner would probably see me using it at the next tournament.

How very un-neutral of you Smuggles. Maybe the reason you all know each other over in the land of chocolate and mountains is because there are only so many names from a government approved list that you can choose from when naming a child. Americans value freedom of choice. If I find a disc maybe I'll go out of my way to find the owner, maybe I won't.

My favorite finds are usually disc molds I've never thrown prior to finding. I found an unmarked Pro-D Buzzz back in 07 or 08 and I still bag them to this day.

I've found a couple rad ones. The first was a 10x KC Pro Banshee, sort of swoopy semi-dyed stamp. It's really pretty and sort of a champion plastic feel - not chalky like most 10x stuff. Almost brittle.

I also found a super gummy pre-Barry Beast that sparked my obsession with the older 2003-2005 soft PFN runs of a lot of discs. Went through a huge phase of collecting as many as I could. Then realizing I didn't need hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of discs and sold them all off except maybe a dozen :)

I found an uninked DX Archangel. Didn't like it for a long time. Changed my form and now I really use it a lot. Same with an unmarked Champ Beast.

I've found a few diamonds in the muck in the past. The ones that stand out:

PFN Star Destroyer in 9/10, no ink. I can't live without that disc now

Champion I Dye Monarch. No name, 10/10 condition( minus teh pond funk). Scored my longest (300 ft) ace and that much in cash for ace pot. Was a good day.

3 Champion Bosses; 2 no name, the one that had a name was a childhood friend who told me to keep it, and I later had a sweet FH ace with it. Feel like i owe him money.

Minnesota Open Stamp Sparkle Champ Katana. Wall-hanger disc. Called the guy on the back, never heard from him.

Blurple Star 20th Anniversary ROC. Nice disc, but it belonged to our club director, so I gave it back.

Most valuable may be a 11x Champ FAF-ish Firebird, probably 6-7/10.

Found a ton more, I call those who have inked discs, and have given a few away to kids and such.

My premier edition sinus sp that fell out of my bag when I threw another disc over the fence and went back to find it after a round. I didn't notice it got pulled out of my bag by a branch until 36 hours later. Went back and retraced my steps and 2 days later and it was still there.

Now the amount of 11x KC, KC Pro, and CE stuff I lost and never received calls would make a grown man cry. I know from experience.

Found a 11x KC Pro Cheetah at the parctice basket at my local course. No Ph#, so I spent a few days asking around the local guys to see if anyone knew who it belonged to.
When I couldn't find the owner, I threw it, and started my love affair with KC Pro Cheetahs.

Latest posts