• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Best Glow Plastic

I thought I got a dud, but after a long time under a powerful black light I did manage to get a faint glow out of my Swirl ESP Glo. Pretty lame to sell it as glow, but incredible feeling plastic with great colors.

The Glow label is a misnomer it's not meant to glo but it's the mix of plastic.

Glowfly is unbelievable but they are oop but they go all night I used to tuck it in my tent as a nightlight.

I'm a Vibram thrower and they glow great. However, on the flip side of that, the Trilogy Moonshine stuff is also great. It does take a bit longer to charge up but once it's charged it glows and glows. Its not a bright glow but a soft subtle glow and when your eyes have adjusted to the dark you won't want something too bright affecting them. Just thought I'd throw my opinion in there. Good Luck! At night its a whole new game.

I just puncture glow sticks with rocks like a caveman and squirt the liquid glow into my eyes.

Burns like the Dickens, but everything glows wonderfully afterward....:| :| :|

Has anybody seen MVP's Eclipse 2.0 plastic yet? I'm holding out for an Envy in that stuff

Of the ones I have this is how I would rank them;

Prodigy 300 Glow
Innova Champ Glow
DD Moonshine
Innova Colorglow
DX Glow
Old Eclipse Rim
Gateway(Glow Stego)

Has anybody tried the Eclipse plastic from MVP/Axiom? I saw they just came out with a set of Eclipse discs that had the glow stuff on the flight plate instead of the overmold.

Anyone have success with Swirl ESP Glo? Got a Vulture in it, disc is great but the glow aspect is pretty pathetic. No problems with Z Glo.

I was going to say that the ESP Glo (particularly the MJ Comets from a couple years ago) might as well not be glow at all. The Eclipse glow (particularly with the rim being the only glowing part) is also noticeably pathetic in terms of glowing ability.

Both fly great (and look great too) and have been in my bag at times, however. I've never been one to actually need discs to glow on the course, but I can't help but try them out in my garage or basement.

Nothing comes close to Kastaplast. I have my bag hanging in my hallway and my Glow Reko is like a nightlight.

I agree with Discraft glow being pretty weak. I had an old Ledgestone glo z flx buzzz that didn't glow much and a a glow esp flx zone that didn't have a lot of glow either.

I usually play glow with an all glow bag, typically it's all Innova and DM molds, all glow fairly well. It does seem though that regular glow is a bit brighter than color glow.

Gateway glow is pretty legit too, love me some glow wizards and magics.

UV flashlight is the only way to go.

Well I jumped on a K2 Gote and K2 Stal 2020 Glow discs earlier this year. They work great and glow like mad. Glad I did. They are out of stock now.

The uv lights are fine if you know where to look for your disc. This can also be impacted when the disc submarines under leaves.

MVP LED lights work okay, but are too bright for me. The LEDs add weight which changes the disc performance as well.

The glow tape is cheap and works well. Just remember to put it on both sides of the disc !

Another that had really good glow was Lighting but the plastic was so undurable a disc in a year to year and 1/2 time went from OS to Neutral or even slight US for the #2 Driver. This was due to the plastic being in the old baseline Pre DuPont but somehow worse in terms of durability but nearly the same in feel.

Latest posts