• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best "Golf" Shots

Like distance wise?

I threw a drive 513' on hole 2 of the Lemon Lake White course during the Indiana state championships.

i threw my tee shot from the pro tee on 18 at fox chase and couldn't have been more than 60 feet from the basket

#18 at Hudson Mills Original Course. I threw a crappy drive that went about 1/2 way, second shot deflects off of a branch on like the only tree in the middle of the fairway, then goes straight into the basket like a laser! I was throwing a league round the next week with one of our local pros, and he tells me that's the only hole he hasn't 2'd yet, somewhat suprising though, because its not that hard of a hole! Still, stuff like that makes you feel good!

I was playing a friend of mine for discs at Cedar Hills and we started on hole 14 so when we got to 13 and the final hole we were both tied. I landed my second shot about 40' from the basket and behind a tree with a Y in it about 8' off the ground; and he was closer to the basket. I told him to go ahead and putt so I would know if I had to make it or not... he sank his 20 footer and started laughing at me like it was all over.

The first thing I said right after he was done laughing was.. "**** you, i'm going right through this Y in the tree and sinking this **** in your face." He then told me no way was that going to happen and personally I didn't think I could pull some crazy **** like that off either so I decided to toss my Pig at a huge angle around the tree and let it drift back towards the basket. As I was about to putt he started making fun of me for being a pussy and not going through the tree so I went for it.

I took my Pig and held it vertically and tossed it up in the air like i was playing cornhole, my pig went through the Y gap and landed in the basket without even hitting the chains... my friend looked at me stunned and then i started rubbing that **** in his face. We went on to play 3 playoff holes to decide the game and I eventually won... I still look back at that shot as the best I've ever made.

I've also hit a 60' hyzer spike over a line of pine trees with a banshee on 8 at middle creek.

In Mt Pleasant at the J bird open this summer my tee off on hole... (Idk the number, goes about 360 downhill and to the left over an open field with dead tree trunk in it) anyway, tee off came up about
20 feet short of the pin and deep in rough on the left side of the fairway. So my putting option was to basically toss it vertical to try and clear the small trees and massive bush in front of me. So I grabbed the trusty baby blue r pro aviar and putted one up about 30 feet high, made over the bush, hit a branch, after falling a few more feet hit another branch, landed flat on the rim of the basket and tipped in.
It made no sound when hitting the basket, I didn't know it went in til I heard a guy in my group say "no f'ing way" lol.

Not a specific shot but I broke my rt hand about 18 years ago and the friends I was playing with were happy because they thought they would win a few rounds for a change. Turned out I am fairly ambidexterous, much to their chagrin. The crushing wasn't as great but continued. :)

Not a specific shot but I broke my rt hand about 18 years ago and the friends I was playing with were happy because they thought they would win a few rounds for a change. Turned out I am fairly ambidexterous, much to their chagrin. The crushing wasn't as great but continued. :)

that is awesome, i watched a guy who had just started playing go lefty and nail one from 50 feet one time because he didn't know how to FH or anny.

My favorite was a hyzer flip Cobra off the Top of the World (#27) at Delaveaga. I started it left and it got caught up in the breeze and helixed for what seemed like 3 or 4 times. It went over the tree canopy covering the #25 tee and banked right and slashed by the basket, couldn't have missed and ace by much (it's hard to tell from that far away). Ended up less than 15' to the right of the basket.

Hole 11 at Circle C in Austin. I was about 130 from the hole with a big ass tree between me and the hole. My only hope was to spike hyzer an eagle. It went around the tree with a lot of steam and when it hit the chains the group on 12 all looked up in surprise. Still the longest shot I've ever made. Of course I proceeded to loose the disc the next week at live oak.

a pretty cool one that happened to me today... 460ish hole, some downhill, hole 1 at plamann park in appleton. There was a decent left to right wind so I took my usual route around the right side over the road, execpt I threw my predator instead of an eagle to fight the wind. I don't get it out right enough, and clip a branch ending upwith a POS 250 foot drive and a brazillion trees between me and the basket. I try to throw a big hyzer thing out over the road again with my hornet, and hit a branch like 50 feet from me... but it kept goin for awhile so now I'm like 100 from the basket and theres a big pine tree in the way. I flick the pred on a hyzer, and it just slammed right into the basket, I don't even think it hit chains. So I turn 2 POS shots on a hole into a lucky 3 (I've only heard of a few people deucing this bad boy).

Played Holmes Park on Monday this week. The first round I an into a couple guys and decided to guide them through the course. We get to hole 4 (Crazy climb uphill, 351ft, extremely wooded). I threw backhand and landed about 160 ft short. I flicked my buzzz SS uphill, under the tree canopy and hit the ring. Second time around, I was by myself shooting my upshot from the same spot. Threw the same disc and hit chains for a birdie on a hole that most players hope for a 3 on.

we were playing a 2v3 scramble with my friends, nothing really on the line except pride. We were down a stroke with 2 to play, and #17 at Basil Griffin Park is a 425 uphill hole. The closest I usually get is about 50 ft. I figured what the heck so I 360'ed one, went between 2 trees and landed directly under the basket. We ended up tying them for the round. Haven't parked that hole since

one of the coolest shots i have ever shot was we were playing at the local course from the alternate tee's and i hit a tree on my tee-off and it landed on the normal tee. Everyone was giving me crap saying i didn't get past the womens tee, but i ended up making my second from the other tee, needles to say they stopped giving me crap:thmbup:

live oak hole 27, 276'. being lhbh, this shot requires a fh flick,which i have kind of lost since really focusing on bh or a tight anhyzer which has to land on the side of a hill. i decide to try the anny route, but i always seem to forget that once the hole opens up, the wind is pretty relentless. so my shot goes about 150 way right, nowhere near the basket. then just as a joke i pull out my new 166 vulcan, fh just for ****z and giggles, then all i see is it hitting dead center chains.

live oak hole 13. pretty tight tunnels with the only lines on the left, open then the basket is next to a tree, 246' from the pad. so as usual, i go for a soft hyzer through the trees, but i hit a branch and land about 75' frim the pin with trees on my right hand side. i decide a skip shot to get me out would be the best so i pick a spot to skip off and the next thing i know it slams dead center in the chains.

i was playing in a doubles league at jefferson barracks in st louis. on hole 18 c position, you can play it safe for an easy par or take a wide anhyer route to the left over a bunch of thick bushes and land on the other side for a look at birdie. ive cleared the bushes before, but on my tee shot, i ripped my chamion valkyrie perfectly, cleared the bushes and had it fade to the right very hard and landed 20 feet from the pin. missed my birdie putt, but that was by far the best throw ive ever had on any hole of my life. prefect execution is better than pure distance any day

This one still shocks me.

I was just trying to get close to the basket on this one, because I thought it was impossiable to ace, since the basket is guarded by trees. I threw my Soft Magnet, and it went on a perfect line, and hit the chains dead center.

The hole is only 159ft , but the fairway narrows down to 7ft. Here is a pic:

TimberLanehole2resized.jpg

shooting about 50-100 feet from the basket I threw my brand new disc and wasn't expecting it to drop as fast as I did. I figured I effed up the shot since it was falling too fast with too much fade. The disc crashed down on a curved stick that was point directly at the basket. The Skipped off the stick made almost a 90* right turn and jangled the chains barely falling out.

Latest posts