• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Headphones?

I really like my Klipsh s4 earbuds, they are comfortable, the cord is nice and durable (my first set of s4's lasted me 1 year with daily running outside or on a treadmill + disc + wearing them while I walked to and from classes + being wrapped around my ipod and stuffed in my pocket. Never had a pair of earbuds last that long with that much use. Usually my earbuds die on me within 5 months.

Then Klipsch replaced them for free! So I spent 74 dollars and got a second set free when the first set finally went out. And mine died from the same thing headphones always seem to die from- where the cord means the connector that plugs into the device.

My second set is now 2 months old and seeing less use than my first (I have SOL republic Track HD's that I wear when I am on campus or working on my computer now) and I no longer just stuff them in my pocket wrapped around my ipod, so we will see if this second set lasts even longer.

This.

Bump for good value phones to wear while playing.

For a lightweight, good sounding set of headphones for on the course use, I like Koss PortaPro. Under 40 bucks on amazon (slightly more if you need iDevice controls), comfortable (I run the cable down the back of my shirt into my pocket), and open-back so you can still hear the environment around you. Sennheiser PX 100-II ($50 on amazon) is also a solid choice. For a closed-back variant, I'd probably look at Sennheiser PX 200 ($60 on amazon).

Disc golf is my summer hobby. Headphones are my winter hobby. I love my Denon D2000, but it would have to be the day after hell freezes over before I wore them on the course.

Latest posts