• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best hole you have played?

Trace Gold setup in Belden Mississippi. Holes 6 & 7 combined at Old Warrior Run disc golf course in Trace State Park. Double water shot!

Attachments

• trace gold 1.jpg
    trace gold 1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 38
  • trace gold 2.jpg
    trace gold 2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 31
I've played a lot of these! :thmbup:

This is giving me many ideas for road trips!!

Among some that have been mentioned I always like stepping up to the tee on #3 @ Deer Lakes & #6 @ 2 Mile Run Ext.

How about some short holes?

That's a good question. I'd need to think hard on it to come up with a final answer, but the one that leaps to mind is, funnily enough, also at Trey Deuce. Hole 15 is the craziest tunnel shot I've ever seen.

faaa299e.jpg

139' from the shorts, 259' from the longs.

I love how the fairway forces a very mild S curve rather than a dead straight shot. It's just enough of a shift to make you think about your line rather than your window. It's a fantastically designed hole.

You guys make me feel like we have garbage courses. I can't say that any of our holes (that I've seen) are as cool or picturesque as that except maybe brp 4. And still no-ish.

Among some that have been mentioned I always like stepping up to the tee on #3 @ Deer Lakes & #6 @ 2 Mile Run Ext.

Deer Lakes 3 is definitely one that sinks into your mind's eye. From 2 Mile, my favorite is 4 (pictures on here don't do it justice).

You guys make me feel like we have garbage courses. I can't say that any of our holes (that I've seen) are as cool or picturesque as that except maybe brp 4. And still no-ish.

brp hole 4 is cool

but i can name 4 others in minnesota just like it. and thats just off the top of my dome

I would have to say my top 3 are #7 at crystal springs, Ms, #13 moab,UT, and #13 at Hornings Hideout on the meadows outside if Portland, OR.

In Minnesota, The Valley 11 has always been one of the best holes both for aesthetics and also challenge based on results from Am Worlds. I think it's hole 15 at Giants Ridge with the great view and big downhill throw and also 18 there. Haven't played the Mont du lac courses but I suspect there's at least one there that's awesome from what I've heard.

Trace Gold setup in Belden Mississippi. Holes 6 & 7 combined at Old Warrior Run disc golf course in Trace State Park. Double water shot!

Nice to see some love for Trace Gold. By far the best course I have ever played and definitely underrated in my opinion. If you have ever played hole 7, you will never forget it. 1000 foot par 5 going from peninsula to peninsula with OB road left and water right.

However, holes 10 and 11 also need a mention on this thread. There are some amazing holes on this course.

For me, I have two favorites. One would have to be hole 15 at Moraine State Park in Portersville PA. The long downhill shot with the beautiful lake in the background was certainly a fun shot. My other favorite would have to be hole 27 at Roland Park in Akron PA. This is a fun downhill tunnel shot with some nice pines down by the basket providing a fun and challenging shot.

The pic at Roland (the one on the left) shows the course when the brush was much more thick, but since then, it has been cleared out a bunch.

Attachments

• 3c1e7f3a_m.jpg
    3c1e7f3a_m.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 44
  • bab50866_m.jpg
    bab50866_m.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Funnest:
#15 @ Holler in the Hills. Nothing tricky, but it's my favorite use of the rocks. Trying to bank an approach off the rock face into the basket has become a tradition. B and C always get me smiling, too.

#14 at the Fontanel was a fun downhill tunnel shot from on top of the hill that the course wound up to. I hated the 2 or 3 holes zig zagged you up to it, but there's something rewarding about finally getting to an elevated steep downhill shot. I think that's why those type holes are popular "best" holes. I also think the fact that the hole is now gone adds to the nostalgia.

I didn't play the whole course, but that Idlewild hole stands out so much, I immediately honed in on it when I first got there, and I made a dusk rush thru the front 9 just to get to it. It was dark by the time I got to play it, but it is truly a special hole. Super challenging, too. I think I got a 6 with all that OB down there. It was the first hole I thought of when I saw this thread.
But the question was funnest, not best, so I went for holes with a lower difficulty.

All my favorites, minus one or two, are target courses. Number 14 at School House Gulch probably being my favorite of those, but honorable mentions go to Ponderosa, Skyline, and the newly made "Where the pavement ends" course. Thanks Zac and Nade! #5 at Watson Lakes, Prescott and #2 at Dead Horse(Riverfront) in Cottonwood come to mind as good ones that I've played. I tend to favor downhill shots for my favorites. They make it look like I can throw far, plus it allows me to watch the disc in flight longer.

For fun factor - its Hole #13 at Shore Winds - Blue course. The pictures don't show the hole off very well, but what I love is I am always torn on what to off the tee. It begs for an ace run - but the risk/reward is there weighing on your mind. Just 15' left or 15' long and you are OB and likely fishing a disk out of lake Ontario. The shot itself is quite a bit downhill and pretty short (230/280/315) so it is reachable. Add in the fact that there is usually a stiff breeze coming off the lake (usually somewhere between L>R tailwind to L>R headwind) make that ace run very dangerous. Also, off the white tee (280') there is a tree on the right early that prevents a straight hyzer approach and forces a straighter or small S shot to park it. From the blue's there is a big hyzer bomb route if you have the arm but you are leaving that disc up really high in the wind to take that route.

One of these days I'll smash chains on that one....but to date I've put more in the lake than in the basket.

From the blue (long) tee:

473fa663_m.jpg

Basket to tee:

290bb7ca_m.jpg

In Minnesota, The Valley 11 has always been one of the best holes both for aesthetics and also challenge based on results from Am Worlds. I think it's hole 15 at Giants Ridge with the great view and big downhill throw and also 18 there. Haven't played the Mont du lac courses but I suspect there's at least one there that's awesome from what I've heard.

White Cedar Hole1 is a downhill bomber, with an incredible view of the St. Louis River and Jay Cooke State Park. Hole 16 has no peer; fun, risk reward, "island" green over the ravine. Hit it off the tee or ELSE! Dozen other memorable holes up there.

14612882900_395b0c7301_b.jpg

Latest posts