• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Holes, Period

#1 Boylan Family Farms, Laurel Springs, N.C. Have U ever been Experienced, I have. what a treat.

Whitcombe Farm, Beamister, England don't know excatly what hole # it is, but it's called the Old Hypotenuse. I had scored a ' 9 ' on this hole and loved every moment of it and also on this course they offered another gem, that hole (again the hole # escapes me) was the shortest of all the holes, yet Toby laughed his arse off watching me whimp my upshot towards the basket. As right behind the basket is a gentle rolling hill of (what seemed like the bottom of county Dorsett. He told me you came all the way across the pond to shoot a shot like that. Lesson learned. Thanks Toby.

#27 Delavaga is in a league of it's own.

#18 Renaissance Park, Charlotte, N.C. for a flatter hole as to compared with a lot of other mentioned holes this is a beauty and a beast all in one. I also love the other hole at this park in which your DG partner your playing with has to climb unto the life guard chair to spot. What hole is this??

#17 Richmond Hill Park, Asheville, N.C.

# 1 Water Works Park, Kansas City, Missouri This course has a lot of signature type holes 2 play.

# 18 Jenny Wiley State Park, Prestonburg, Ky. actually hole # 17 and # 18 might be the 2 of the best finishing holes in America. (and another question in itself, what course has the 2 best finishing holes?)

# 9 Lincoln Park, Massillion, Ohio (Brad Schick's favorite hole on this course) go for the basket on your drive and miss and you might end up on various levels of rock outcroppings or into the infamous "Valley of Doom". And for a small neighborhood park this has a couple other gems like # 3, # 5, # 7, # 11

# 10 Corbin Park, Post Falls, Idaho what a beauty this baby is, They just need a newer tee pad as the inscribed penis like drawing just totally takes away from this gem.

I can go on and on, but I got to go play, it's near 60 degrees today (11/14/08) in Canton, Ohio

Idle wild has so many but the top has got to be ten, this is my favorite green. I need to play more in other states but i know if you have been to idle wild after the green was moved across the creek you know what i mean.

1) Hole # 7 at the Circle R-Rolling Meadow Course in Wimberly, TEXAS is my choice for the prettiest disc golf hole I've seen on any of the 120 + courses I've played. A 225 foot par three dogleg right with the basket sitting under some trees. What makes this so hole special is you have to throw over the cleanest, most crystal clear little stream I've ever seen, with a small waterfall and pool guarding the basket, which sits under a nice shady tree. The day I played, there was a group of five people soaking by the falls after playing on a hot July day.

That being said, I'll have to preface this comment with, I guess it depends on what time of year you play this course. I see other reviewers played the same hole and reported a dusty creek bed. Welcome to Texas disc golf. I guess I was lucky the day I played it.

2) #27 at DeLa. Enough said already.

3) # 2 at Corbin Park DGC in Corbin, Idaho. It's a short (maybe 185') slight hyser throw that starts through the woods and then carries over a river inlet to basket perched on a rocky outcrop. A pretty little throw.

1) Hole # 7 at the Circle R-Rolling Meadow Course in Wimberly, TEXAS is my choice for the prettiest disc golf hole I've seen on any of the 120 + courses I've played. A 225 foot par three dogleg right with the basket sitting under some trees. What makes this so hole special is you have to throw over the cleanest, most crystal clear little stream I've ever seen, with a small waterfall and pool guarding the basket, which sits under a nice shady tree. The day I played, there was a group of five people soaking by the falls after playing on a hot July day.

That being said, I'll have to preface this comment with, I guess it depends on what time of year you play this course. I see other reviewers played the same hole and reported a dusty creek bed. Welcome to Texas disc golf. I guess I was lucky the day I played it.
Gonna be there this weekend for TX Teams!

When we played there earlier this year my girlfriend was expecting to see what you saw based on the website pictures. She was pretty disappointed and let them know :p Since then (I think) they've updated their website to include "creek status".

http://www.circularproductions.com/cr.html

"Seasonal: Creeks & waterfall are currently not flowing -- both ponds are dry. No swimming available."

Gonna be there this weekend for TX Teams!

When we played there earlier this year my girlfriend was expecting to see what you saw based on the website pictures. She was pretty disappointed and let them know :p Since then (I think) they've updated their website to include "creek status".

http://www.circularproductions.com/cr.html

"Seasonal: Creeks & waterfall are currently not flowing -- both ponds are dry. No swimming available."

That's such a shame that everyone who plays there doesn't get to experience the falls and crystal, clear creek. But it's great that they're letting people know the conditions before hand. It's a long way drive out there.

The ranch was dry the past weekend as well. I didn't even get to play the Meadow course. All my rounds were on the Hill course and the "Back 50" which is a temp course they only set up once a year for TX Teams.

ERic

Hole 4 Blue Ribbon Pines, MN right through the trees

Hole 17 Bryant Lake, MN bomb off a cliff

Hole 9 Bassett Creek throwing from the woods into the open downhill

Hole 17 at South Vineland Park. you have to play from the yellow tees it is through so many trees it is almost impossible to get through. My friend got an ace from the whites two weeks ago though.

Waterworks #1
Coyote Point/Lake Casitas #1 and #16
Maple Hill #1
Blue Mountain #18 Valley course

to be continued...

Also, this hole at Aspen Mountain. I'm not sure what the hole # is
Tim, so I did a little detective work. That is hole 11 on Aspen Mountain, named "Kiss it Goodbye".
The picture is of Jim Cannon, PDGA #21766, at 2004 Kiss the Sky, June 26-27, 2004.

Ancient trivia: #27 @ Delaveaga, probably the most consistently cited hole in this thread, was originally #3.

Laurel Springs didn't have any really 'weak' holes, especially considering it's time, but a couple of the strongest were #6 (the first 1K+' hole I'd played. It was blind, for some even after their second shot, downhill and then severely downhill to a nasty little postage stamp of a green bordered by thick rough and ob. As I remember it, it was also a par 3) and #18 (a back-breaking severely uphill finisher, around 450' up a 20+ degree grade).

Local 'Best': Hornet's Nest #7, which I would call a serendipitous design 'find'. #7 is just a 'proper' hole - no contrivance. It's only improved over the years...

Sentimental 'Best': #1 @ The Woodshed. One of the best starters I've played, despite the ****ty constricted tee box. Parked a drop-in for 2 with a Cyclone playing with Spencer before the WV Open one year. I could hear his teeth squeak after that one...

Reviewing my post, I guess I'm guilty of 'coloring outside the lines'. Take it easy on me, ok?

Hole #2 Hobson Grove in Bowling Green, KY
Hole #10 Idlewild
Hole #1 Mesker Park in Evansville, IN
Hole #13 Cedar Sentinels in Manchester, IN

Latest posts