• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best non disc players pack items?

Lol....a point of contention around here. I was not the TD and he did this without revealing his source. We did vote on idea, but he has refused to tell the board, outside of the treasurer and appropriate financial signers, the source. They seem sworn to secrecy. I am not kidding either. He really want to keep this a club exclusive around here. With that said, I am not sure the objection is others, not from around here, knowing. I will try to find out and letcha' know.

We are talking about bringing in a photographer next year and professionally staging some shots. We got many goofy, stupid and silly submissions this year. Which is cool, I mean they were the ones deciding. Despite warnings, we also had a few inappropriate submissions as well. One issue was the cost of printing up waitlist cards this year. We did not want to run risk of a player getting in off the waitlist and missing out on his card and pack. Our waitlist was pretty extensive. We do not order or send player packs to waitlisters that miss out. So, next year we may have to pass along the cost to the waitlisters. Though, I think we may move up to 288 players, hopefully reducing waitlists.

It's possible a company is doing it "on the side" and it's something they don't want to really get into. Or an employee is doing it on their own time and cost (probably with approval). I worked for a printer many, many years ago...and that was one of the perks....we could do our own printing after hours if we paid for the supplies (since we were doing the labor...we didn't have to pay the owner for that).