• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best One Liner Tips?

For putting -

Throw through it, not to it.

No such thing as a gimmie putt.

Off the tee -

throw the easiest line that will get you in position.

the shortest distance between two points is a straight line.

when in doubt, get the putter out (if it's a tight wooded course)

Short and straight is better than long and wrong.
- wii golf.

In regards to the "have fun" one liners... that's one thing that still gets to me...for me it's not about winning or losing...it's playing as good as I can. But I've yet to have fun when I'm playing bad. Granted...it doesn't bother me as much as it used to, but having a bad competitive round isn't really fun at all. lol...

I hear you DiscFifty. It's not easy to have fun when you are playing bad. That's why it's a tip for playing better. Last time you were playing poorly, was it easy to stay loose? Did you start pushing too hard and playing risky to try to catch up? Just relaxing and deciding to enjoy yourself helps you clear your mind and focus on what's ahead of you instead of getting tense and out of shape over things you can't change now. Deciding to have fun isn't a cure all, but it does promote a better state of mind for playing well than not having fun.

In regards to the "have fun" one liners... that's one thing that still gets to me...for me it's not about winning or losing...it's playing as good as I can. But I've yet to have fun when I'm playing bad. Granted...it doesn't bother me as much as it used to, but having a bad competitive round isn't really fun at all. lol...

Fake it until you make it.

If you take long enough, on the teepad, that everyone else is sick of waiting, You're thinking about it too much.

C'mon grampa, THROW ALREADY!!

Really, go with the first throw that you see...

I hear you DiscFifty. It's not easy to have fun when you are playing bad. That's why it's a tip for playing better. Last time you were playing poorly, was it easy to stay loose? Did you start pushing too hard and playing risky to try to catch up? Just relaxing and deciding to enjoy yourself helps you clear your mind and focus on what's ahead of you instead of getting tense and out of shape over things you can't change now. Deciding to have fun isn't a cure all, but it does promote a better state of mind for playing well than not having fun.

Thx, good stuff.

Grip lock is a product of impure form.

"Always hit metal."

Friend told me when you are using your putter, as long as you are hitting metal, things will eventually fall. Whether its inside the circle, or from 80 feet away, if you are hitting metal, your game will be fine.

"If you nut really hard, it's tough to control where it goes."
--Three Putt (paraphrased)

"Always hit metal."

Friend told me when you are using your putter, as long as you are hitting metal, things will eventually fall. Whether its inside the circle, or from 80 feet away, if you are hitting metal, your game will be fine.

As someone who plays a lot of hilly courses with sloped greens this made me cringe. Nothing like hitting the basket on a 20' birdie putt then needing 3 throws to get back up the hill and in.
If you can't sink the putt layup, but whatever you do, do it with confidence.

Once you decide what your plan is for the shot - only think about what you are trying to make happen, not the bad things you are worried might happen.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Latest posts