• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best overstable mid

If you had to pick one overstable mid for utility shots what would it be? I'm trying to pick for myself so why not see which people like the most.

Didn't find any useful info here? How about some more useful information to help us give you a better recommendation? What utility shots? Distance? Skip?

Oh boy, you're about to get a hundred different answers. All equally unhelpful.

It would be really helpful to give a better idea of what kinds of shots you're looking to use it for and what mids you're currently throwing.

While we are on the subject: In my bag I have: Wasp, Hornet, and Zone. I have a Drone that I was looking to try out. Where would the overlap be if I did end up putting it in my bag?

While we are on the subject: In my bag I have: Wasp, Hornet, and Zone. I have a Drone that I was looking to try out. Where would the overlap be if I did end up putting it in my bag?

I never threw my Drone after trying the Zone.

I carry both a Drone and a Zone. Drone has great glide; it's goes pretty darn far for something that overstable and lands flat. Drone is a comfortable depth for flicks too. Zone is very useful for skips and short get out of trouble shots.

Oh boy, you're about to get a hundred different answers. All equally unhelpful.

It would be really helpful to give a better idea of what kinds of shots you're looking to use it for and what mids you're currently throwing.

I throw roc3s and meteors, looking for something for insane fade for the times needed, also an occasional overhand shot

FAF 12x Firebird. It's essentially a midrange distance utility driver, I mean it's very very tough to get it out to 300'. INSANE fade and best for overhand/trick shots.

True mid go Drone.

Prerubing is like battling the alien parasite from The Thing. Try and try as you might, threads just keep replicating themselves.

It's starting to feel like the zombie apocalypse in forums.

Prerubing is like battling the alien parasite from The Thing. Try and try as you might, threads just keep replicating themselves.

It's starting to feel like the zombie apocalypse in forums.

Tell me about it.

OP, I would recommend a Whippet. Look for a CFR or Star Whippet-X.

If you don't want to look outside of Innova, I would say a Discraft Z Xtreme or a Latitude Opto Trident with a real high parting line.

The general DGCR groupthink opinion is that OS mids are unnecessary. The hive mind here thinks that the shots you would use an OS mid for can be covered by powering down your OS driver. But screw those guys. I like a Gator or a Drone every now and then.

I like a gator for a mid utility, but if you're looking for a beefy mid all the big manufacturers make one that'll do just fine.
Like any other "suggest a disc" thread there really is no wrong answer, assuming the suggested disc is from the right category.

Latest posts