• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

best place for discs in piedmont, NC?

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I found about discgolf when my buddies showed it to me my last year of college in Wilmington, NC. There's a great Play It Again Sports there that has about a wall of discs to choose from, including Discraft. It spoiled the hell out of me. I moved back home, NE Randolph Co. and was wondering if anyone could recommend a store with comparable selection? I love discgolfcenter.com but sometimes you just got to feel like a kid in a candy store you know? I went to Burlington today to a Graham Sporting Goods and was pleasantly surprised, even picked up a first run groove but nothing comes close to the selection and variety at my old Play it Again. Peace.

Swing by Fins, Furs, & Feathers in Sanford. It has the largest selection of discs in the area and not to mention the lowest prices. I also picked up a first-run Groove today for $13 bucks.

Swing by Fins, Furs, & Feathers in Sanford. It has the largest selection of discs in the area and not to mention the lowest prices. I also picked up a first-run Groove today for $13 bucks.

What is that, a pet store? They really have discs? This is a strange sport we follow. Sanford's a decent drive for me but if it is what you say it sounds worth it. Thanks for the info, cheers.

the owner of Fins, Furs, & Feathers is also the Coordinator of the Homegrown Tour here in central NC, Chuck Connelly...one of the nicest guys in the sport...give him your business, he deserves it...

I found about discgolf when my buddies showed it to me my last year of college in Wilmington, NC. There's a great Play It Again Sports there that has about a wall of discs to choose from, including Discraft. It spoiled the hell out of me. I moved back home, NE Randolph Co. and was wondering if anyone could recommend a store with comparable selection? I love discgolfcenter.com but sometimes you just got to feel like a kid in a candy store you know? I went to Burlington today to a Graham Sporting Goods and was pleasantly surprised, even picked up a first run groove but nothing comes close to the selection and variety at my old Play it Again. Peace.

There is a Play It Again Sports (PIAS) in Winston-Salem on Jonestown Rd with a wall devoted to Innova and Discraft discs and also has employees who play DG. Also PIAS in Greensboro on Battleground Ave.

Fins, Furs and Feathers has an awesome selection of about every disc imaginable. I try to stop in there everytime I'm down Sanford way. There is a place called Sports Attic in Asheboro, on Dixie Dr. I have not been in there so I have no clue what kind of stock they have. Also in your area is a place called Shawn's in Archdale, Omega Sports in High Point. And if you are ever in Albermarle there is a place called God's Country Outfitters. They don't have a huge selection, but they have discs and they also have some special stamps for the local course Fox Chase. Which is a must play if you live in central NC.

Fins, Furs and Feathers has an awesome selection of about every disc imaginable. I try to stop in there everytime I'm down Sanford way. There is a place called Sports Attic in Asheboro, on Dixie Dr. I have not been in there so I have no clue what kind of stock they have. Also in your area is a place called Shawn's in Archdale, Omega Sports in High Point. And if you are ever in Albermarle there is a place called God's Country Outfitters. They don't have a huge selection, but they have discs and they also have some special stamps for the local course Fox Chase. Which is a must play if you live in central NC.

Sports Attic in Asheboro has like 6 dx sharks and some aviars. Or at least they did the last time I was there. Their selection was pretty pathetic.

This Shawn's place in Archdale, has it got a nice selection?

When I first read your post I read it that you lived in NW Randolph(where I'm originally from) but now I notice you are in NE Randolph. I cant speak for Shawn's, last time I played in High Point that and Omega was mentioned to me by some locals in case I needed replacements while I was in town playing. There is a head shop in Greensboro that I think sells, but I haven't been in there. I do know the head shops in Charlotte have great variety on Innova only. You can try calling either....

Shawn's 336-302-6285
Glitters 336-275-1593

Latest posts