• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best plastic?

gcanter2376

Eagle Member
WHat is each plastic good for? Does one have an advantage over another? I always thought getting star plastic over pro or esp over x was better. Any exceptions? dont really understand it

It's all relative. The more durable plastics (Champ/Opto/Star) tend to be more overstable from the start, and take longer to beat in than other discs. Certain molds are more popular in the less expensive dx plastic (ie Rocs/Teebirds). Some people prefer the grip of certain plastics more than others. I'd recommend trying them all, and throwing what you like.

plastics

Kinda what i thought. I heard some guys talking about how much they liked the old pro rynos better than the r-pro rynos. Figured it was mostly preference

It is mostly mental.
I only throw 175 Pro Rhynos, I do not throw R-pro. Pro is a little softer, but the difference is not really worth the price difference, but anything that helps the mental game is worth it.

The best plastic is what's in your bag.

Champ is the most durable, but some people do not like the grip, especially when wet.
DX/ProD is not for discs you will be attempting tight tunnels with because it will taco after one good THWACK

Throw what you like and be confident with it.

I love the grip on the star plastic, so I choose to throw mostly star discs. The durability is just a plus.

by quality of plastic, champion/star and z/esp is higher grade and more expensive than the others. longer lasting, more durable, more sexy. you sacrifice some grip typically compared to the cheaper plastics and a lot of people like to beat in low grade plastic for different types of flight from the same mold of disc. for grip and durability you could try discraft's esp flx plastic.

Latest posts