• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best shoes for disc golf.

I am looking to buy a new pair of shoes to golf in and I was wondering what people would recommend. I play in the rain a lot, so waterproof is a must. I've heard that REI is good place to buy shoes because of their return policy.

I've been playing 10+ years now, and a LOT of people, myself included, swear by Merrels. They are pricey, but they also do hold up. Zappos.com also may be a good place to look, they have a free return policy if they do not fit. Merrels also has some types that are water resistant, and completely waterproof.

I have a pair of the Milos. They are very comfortable and keep my feet dry. However, I do not think they are the most durable. I would probably buy another pair when my current piar wears out.

Go to rei and try a bunch on. The ones that you like the most are the best shoes for disc golf.

P.S. I am JRW I

You should also try Marshalls if you have those stores by you. You can often find shoes at great discounts, including Merrells

Whatever brand you decide on, I recommend using some that do not have near-square shaped rubber on the soles. It's not the most important choice you can make, but it can make a difference, especially on the teepad. I prefer the outdoor sandals, but I won't recommend a brand, because I have only tried one thus far.

I like whatever brand of waterproof trail running shoes fits the best. It doesn't matter how good the shoes are if they don't fit right. If you find a store with knowledgeable sales people (REI is a potential candidate) they can help a lot with fit, too.

I play a bunch of courses that get wet pretty frequently. I love my new Teva Omnium shoe/sandals. Give the comfort and support of a shoe while giving great drainage to handle wet courses.

Salomons.

XA Comp 4 or GTX's. They are waterproof and hold up real nice. I paid a little more for em at REI so I can take them back at the slighest sign of wear and tear...

I love my Merrell Moabs, the low ones with gore-tex. They hold up for about 2 years of very heavy use, and are nice and waterproof.

I burned through 2 pairs of Keens and a pair of Merrells in about 8 months. Took them all back to REI and bought some Gore-Tex Vasques. They are holding up much better. From what I have seen the way the sole is designed is the key. Both the Keens and the Merrells had designs that allowed a small section of the instep to pull away where is was glued. The Vasque's are designed with one solide piece for the sole. No little knobs or pieces to get pulled off during an X-Step.

REI is great since they let you return shoesfor ANY reason. No hassle, and then just exchange for something new.

I'm not a big fan of waterproof. I want my feet to breathe. Even in this wet slushy weather I wear leather Dunhams. Sure my feet get soaked, but with quality wool or polypro socks they stay warm. If you go with waterproof, make sure its breathable. In cool weather wear wool or polypro socks. The problem with some waterproof shoes is that once water gets in, it stays in.

I wear a pair of New Balance sport shoes in the summer at my home course, its mostly mowed grass & leaves with concrete tee pads. They're 602s or 622s I think. They've lasted a full season of almost daily wear and play. I wear a pair of Timberlands for hilly or rugged terrain. Not sure of the model, I bought them in Amsterdam. They look like a running shoe upper with a fairly aggressive, lugged sole. And of course my Dunhams all winter.

Having a large/odd foot size and (typically) having a limited selection in footwear, I'd say whatever feels best on your feet. I wear a pair of Teva hikers that are waterproof and have a Vibram sole and they keep my feet dry and well-supported. This is what you eant to look for, independent of the manufacturer. Keen and Merrell are both good choices too. I'd recommend Zappos because they have a giany selection, decent prices, great return policy, and free shipping both ways.

I ordered a pair of milos, tried them on and shipped them right back. The heel cup was to loose and the tounge was uncomfortable. I have a pair merrel Moab Gortex low cuts and I like them but they wore out in 6 months (I drag my right foot, not really the shoes fault). So this time I'm going with some north face waterproof shoes from rei. I'll have those tomorrow.

Merrell Moab XCR GTX.

By far my favorite pair of shoes for golfing. I wear mine everyday, and play a ton in the summer, and it still takes me about 18 months for them to wear out. Just bought my 3rd pair in ~5 years in January, and I don't desire anything more from a golfing shoe.

Merrells are awesome. For something cheaper, gottagogottathrow sales Bites for 27 bucks that are pretty sweet. They say their waterproof but they arent goretex, but i have played in some serious mud and standing water and they have held up great and my feet are dry.

Latest posts