• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Best Superclass Discs (Distinctions)

coopera

I've tried searching and found little information directly relating to my question.

So, here goes: What discs are 'best' in superclass play? I've heard Zephyr is sort of the gold standard but not having thrown almost anything besides an Ultra-Star on the list I don't even know what to try to look for to play around with.

Other ancillary questions would be which of these molds is the most/least stable? Fastest(I know)/slowest? What would a good superclass bag consist of? (i.e. what molds compliment each other)

Thanks!

That's a lot of questions my friend!

I've never played a Superclass event...I've never even heard of one. But you should really try the Condor. It's pretty neutral, but flies more like a small-diameter golf disc (it has a beveled edge and a bead) as opposed to the Zephyr which is deep and blunt and floats like a Frisbee. Zephyr is a great putter. Condor is great for mid-range shots and even drives. Super good roller too...the best roller actually.

Another good Superclass disc is the hero series. Larger-diameter Sonics.

A heads up on the Condor. it's not SuperClass legal.

And I'll second the Hero Discs 235 mold. The only problem is actually getting your hands on a heavy one.

I really like the Lat64 Bite. I think it is a 235 sized mold and in opto plastic. 150g so it is a bit better in the wind than the 135g SuperHero.

I really like the Lat64 Bite. I think it is a 235 sized mold and in opto plastic. 150g so it is a bit better in the wind than the 135g SuperHero.

Will they ever get it approved though?

I really want to see more "newer" companies introduce a lid into their lineup.

I ordered a Te Moko from some advice from some other members of my club.

Is the Bite the same as the 235 mold and, if so, would that mean that it is necessarily approved already?

I like my Ultra-Star but am just wanting to try some variety.