• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best time of year to play the upper Northeast

If you want a guide for Tyler I could probably show you around. I would also suggest hitting up Nockamixon if you are around Tyler. What course in Jersey were you planning on playing?? Just curious because there aren't too many good ones lol

Just got back a couple of weeks ago from my trip to the NE. Weather was about as good as you could expect (as long as you don't expect low humidity). Iron Hill and Tyler were two of the highlights of my trip. When you play Iron Hill, make sure you play the long baskets for the full beat down. Try to get to Brakewell Steel in Warwick, NY if you have the chance. Also look for the Dautaj in Warwick Village. Had an awesome lunch there.

FDR has easy thruway access

Leonard Park is Steady Ed Old School

Beacon Glades is like playing in a Friday the 13th movie

Warwick/Wolfe Woods = Pure Gold

I would be more than happy to meet up with you and show you around these courses.

Cranbury is the weak link on that itinerary......do yourself a favor and play Nockamixon. It's currently in the best shape it's been in years and hands down is considered the best course in the Northeast from serious disc golfers

When you play Iron Hill, make sure you play the long baskets for the full beat down...

Played Iron Hill Gold layout... Amazing GOLF!! I bogeyed 17 and 18 to finish at +1. I was killing it off the tees... just had a few bad breaks. There's a lot of punishing rough out there for badly placed shots... 2' one way or the other on a couple landing zones and I would have been 7-8 down... or 7 or 8 up.

Off to do some NY touristy stuff... and get in a jam with these guys:

DSCJNKY

Cranburry was decent enough. And, I was pleasantly surprised with Ninigret in RI.

Off to Maple Hill tomorrow morning!!!
DSCJNKY

I would say it is worth it crazy, it is a pretty good course as long as it is mowed. You can just head on over there, they sell discs too.

Maple Hill was all that I hoped it would be. I love when a hyped course delivers on its promise. I was also able to reserve the course to be my 200th course! I shot a 63 from the Golds, which I was happy about considering I had 3 ob's and missed 3 easy putts.

Pyramids was OK. Frankly, I was more concerned -- mentally -- with Maple Hill to care. Otherwise it was great fun!

Off to Sabattus tomorrow!!!
DSCJNKY

Sabattus is great, wish more golfers knew how good it is.

I might get to Maple Hill this Mon or Tues. How good is Hyland? Is the brewery there open on a Monday in case I can't get there on Sunday?

Last edited:
Looking like some mediocre courses in NH (Bretton Woods) and VT (Base Camp Outfitters) in order to get to Albany tonight. Then play 2 in Albany area tomorrow on my way to PA to play Nocamixon and Tyler on Saturday.
DSCJNKY

Looking like some mediocre courses in NH (Bretton Woods) and VT (Base Camp Outfitters) in order to get to Albany tonight. Then play 2 in Albany area tomorrow on my way to PA to play Nocamixon and Tyler on Saturday.
DSCJNKY

Base Camp Outfitters is definitely not a mediocre course. It is very nicely laid out. You should enjoy that one a lot.

Any particular reason you chose Bretton Woods in NH? There are far better courses in the state.

Mostly due to route planning. I could have found better courses, but didn't have time to drive all around. The trip is for disc golf, but also scenery, breweries and seafood.

And Yes. Base camp looks looks better than mediocre. It just wasn't my first choice in VT.
DSCJNKY

Thanks for the heads up Opti. I will play Tyler and look for something else then.
DSCJNKY

Base Camp Outfitters was fun as hell.

I played Joralemon Park today. Course was fun, a little bit unfair at times, but worth playing.
Also player Brakewell / Warwick from the blues. That course is brutally awesome. I didn't play great and shot +1 from the blues. While there, I also bagged the Brakewell / Warwick Woods Course. I was too tired to care much about it. But, it was fun too. If that park was my home course, I'd be set for life.

Off to play with Optidisc tomorrow and then go to TYLER!
DSCJNKY

Latest posts