• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Water Holes

Hole 4 at Moeur Park in Phoenix is a fun little water hole. The pin is on an island that slopes down to the creek on all sides.

Approach:
45cd7c81_m.jpg

Tee shot: (basket is tucked in to the right)
3228f4a4_m.jpg

I really like first holes at both Shelly Sharpe and Fountain Hills in AZ.

Both are long shots that need to go out over water.

There is no warmup holes here, you need to step up, check yo self one time, then throw like a man.

Thats what good golf is all about.

#18 at the Whippin' Post in Paw Paw WV

8f777d6c_m.jpg

If you're going for style points try skipping it off the dock for your ace (it's been done).

Definitely Cliff Stephens, my favorite hole on my favorite course. After that, Millstream park in St. Jo's MN has a really nice one where you throw over the same windey creek 3 times. #15 I think.

Maple Hill

The first hole at Maple Hill. There used to be a beautiful picture on marshallstreetdiscgolf.com that was my wallpaper, a professional picture of the hole during autumn.

This picture doesn't do it justice, but it's from the gold tee: over 500' to clear the pond.

It's a great #1 hole for a course because it gets in your head. I've dumped more than a few discs in the pond when I wasn't warmed up (Steve Dodge used to send your discs back to you if you ordered something from Prime Discs, but it sounds like he has stopped that).

Attachments

• maple hill first hole.jpg
    maple hill first hole.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 32
Just played this one yesterday...

Peter Pan Park, Emporia, KS #11. Only 255' but the basket is out on a peninsula, so you have water both short and long of the pin.

a6d6a980.jpg

86c36f6a.jpg

Here's another. Pickard Park, Indianola, IA #5

2d26e4b9.jpg

422' from the long tee. Pin is almost straight ahead in that grove of trees on the other side of the pond. The course map (pdf) kind of gives you what the overhead looks like.

#9 at Sharpe Springs in Smyrna, TN is pretty cool. Short, but lots of rocks and cool scenery to deal with. One bad bounce and down to the pond you go.

Bluegill DGC. A private course in west MI. The best course ive played with several water holes in play.

#12 Chattooga Belle Farm

Hole #12 at Chattooga Belle Farm in Long Creek, SC, is my favorite water hole...mostly because it is the near course to where I live with a real fun water challenge. From long tee to the basket in a straight line is 475'. To the front edge of water is 240', to cross to the other side is 350'. Long way around, following land the entire way is 575'.

Attachments

• 100_6200.jpg
    100_6200.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Hole 12 looking toward tee.jpg
    Hole 12 looking toward tee.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_6198.jpg
    100_6198.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 20
its threads like these that make me wish DGCR never started the new photo viewer cause no one links pics anymore
booooooooo!

Hole 14 at Brakewell Steel/Warwick is one of my favorite all time holes. Can't find a pic though!

I loved hole 18 at Jordan and I think it was 13 at Nocky (Opti? confirm?)

A bunch of holes a Whistlers are sick for water.

My favorite is a real easy one. Hole #15 at Elon Short Course from the long tee. Winthrop has some nice water holes too.

Throw it to the right of the trees, over the water, and let it come back to the left, to the basket. A good confidence booster for people like me :).

Tee (guy in picture is taking the "safer" route to the left of the trees):
f9f0153d.jpg

Basket:
9e3a0dfb.jpg

Hole 13 at Nocky is the dual fairway downhill ....with the creek lining the entire stretch to the green
18 at Jordan is the double river crossing and don't forget the pond ace run 7 at Jordan
Hole 16 at Nocky is the waterfalls hole.....not deep water but 2 creeks and waterfalls
Hole 11 at Nocky also has 2 creeks and the day we played creek 2 was roaring rapids
the last 8 holes at Nocky have water hazzards but not many deeeeep scary water like Maple Hill and some of the more famous places

Other holes to consider
Maple Hill has a ton of scary water shots...I never was as intimidated as I was on hole 1 at Maple Hill
Creekside in PA has a Creek that eats discs
Deer Lakes has #15
Denison in NY made me wet in a bad way
The scariest water hole of all time is this one

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2716

its threads like these that make me wish DGCR never started the new photo viewer cause no one links pics anymore
booooooooo!

With Firefox I can just right click and choose View Image Info and get the URL for the picture to link.

There are some good ones out at Buckhorn but no good pictures of them on here (Will have to fix that when I get back to Raleigh). You do get to play in view of a Nuclear Power Plant.

I really like #3 at Ashe County Park in Jefferson, NC. From the long Tee to the long basket you are throwing over the entire lake/pond. I would say if you wanted to try and park the hole and not take a early hyzer route you have to be able to carry at least 350+, though it is slightly down hill.

This shot you can see the basket just above and to the left of the disc.
f5671c19.jpg

Here is a view farther back looking at lake.
3ef85da8.jpg

Lincoln Ridge #15. Basket is tucked up on the left. 276' with probably about 5' of rise. Routine S curve for RHBH, but for me a LHBH player it is a supreme challenge to execute without kicking right.....right into the stream (when it is running rather than dry, as shown). Absolutely beautiful and wonderfully secluded too.

c782c90a.jpg

Lincoln Ridge #15. Basket is tucked up on the left. 276' with probably about 5' of rise. Routine S curve for RHBH, but for me a LHBH player it is a supreme challenge to execute without kicking right.....right into the stream (when it is running rather than dry, as shown). Absolutely beautiful and wonderfully secluded too.

c782c90a.jpg

time to learn how to throw a LHFH to make that hole work for ya...

Z Drone max weight. See what happens!

]

Oh man, this picture makes me homesick! I was home (About 2 miles from the course) for about 4 days last week and made sure I played Lincoln Ridge at least twice. Squeezed in 28 holes at Idlewild too. Water was flowing pretty strong last week.

Latest posts