• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BG AMS!!! April 12, 13, 14

Thank you Scott and Roman for the well-wishes.

I agree with you, Darrell, on bringing salt and pepper (grinder) and not three putting. I four-putted hole 5 at Phil Moore. It does not feel good.

I personally learned that you have to take the long view for a tournament. Don't get discouraged because it is not over until the last putt. Also, in advanced, it is usually not how many birdies that determine the winner, but how few bogies.

The highlight of my weekend, far and away, was seeing Atlscott sandwiched on the dancefloor at a biker-bar by two (very mature) ladies.

If you have not been to Bowling Green it is a blast. The tournament is not the most well run, but it sure is fun.

Shout outs to my cardmates: Aaron, Tim, Ron, CJ, Barry, Chris, Nick, Jeremy, Jared, Miguel and Andrew. I had an awesome time shooting the courses and the breeze with you guys.

My first BG AM's and I will be back for sure. Watching those kids throw the final 9 made me thankful I'm 40 this year and don't have to compete against that anymore ;) This was my first big event experience and it was awesome, the flymart was a bit overwhelming, but I found some stuff I wanted. Chatted with the Gateway and Prodigy guys a ton which was very interesting. GG seems to be a great kid - very helpful in explaining the different discs. The courses were good, I played mediocre; won my card at PM first round, hit too many "first available's" at Hobson, couldn't get around some of those f****ing cedar trees at Kereiakes and thoroughly enjoyed shooting even par at BG Tech (and watching Dobbins throw forehand rollers all day was awesome!). For my first masters, I'm happy with 14th :)

Had a great time as usual although my play was a let down this year. Played with some old friends and met some new ones during the weekend. Finally showed up on Sunday and was in a great group with Dusty at BG Tech and made a little move. The rollers were working at Tech - Just glad I got that disc back from the water after the Phil Moore round!

The highlight of my weekend, far and away, was seeing Atlscott sandwiched on the dancefloor at a biker-bar by two (very mature) ladies.

I seem to remember you cutting a rug with a couple of those "mature" ladies too, Paul! And I think Scott has video. Hopefully he'll post soon!

I shot advanced (was playing int before this tourney, but played with a buddy in adv)
54 58 54 52 "-16"
7 way tie for 18 i think. I had a great time, thank you everybody that had any part of helping with the event! My 913 might get upgraded come the 23rd between this and last tournament :)

Last edited:
Had an awesome time at my first BG Ams. My son did as well. If you played Rec with the fat guy in the red hat, that was me. Thanks to all who were on my card.

If anybody wants that DGA thinger from the players pack pm me ;)

I'm keeping my karma and ascent to screw with, eventually hanging both on the wall. Sorry, my makos already there :p

What did everyone learn from this weekend? I learned that you should pack salt and pepper when making eggs for breakfast, I need to learn my roc's more, learn to throw Flippy plastic, and to not 3 putt.

I learned that I need to learn a sidearm for more than just emergency recovery shots. Other than that, just keeping my head up after a bad throw/putt, and throwing more consistently across my whole bag. But the Sidearm is by far the biggest thing i took away from this tourney needing to learn.

I learned that I need to learn a sidearm for more than just emergency recovery shots. Other than that, just keeping my head up after a bad throw/putt, and throwing more consistently across my whole bag. But the Sidearm is by far the biggest thing i took away from this tourney needing to learn.

for me it was to learn simple backhand shots in the woods lol

i did not throw backhand once at lovers or white park haha

payout

I was told we would get an email from discgolfu.com. Those cashing will receive credit in the form of "points"--i think. You can order what you want from dgu and it will be shipped to you. If I remember correctly from last year 1 point =.01 cents.

so how does the payout work?

I wish that I had shot better as the miserable rounds carried over to after round activities for me. On the whole, I averaged 51 points below my rating for the weekend throwing 3 of my 6 lowest rounds in 2.5 years of playing. The worst part was that I had nothing to blame but me.

It absolutely sucked being the last card and someone didn't show up, so we were following the 5-some lead card who was taking forever while our 3-some last card waited on every hole. I had a literal 10 minute wait on every single hole of every single round. I think that ended up getting to me.

Overall though, the tournament was very smoothly run and would have thoroughly enjoyed myself if I shot better.

Had a great time this year (my first year) at the BG Ams. Met some really cool people and shot some decent rounds (except my first round which was terrible). A big thanks to Justin, Noah, Aaron, Darrell, Thomas, and all the other guys whose names I forget, for being such great cardmates. Hopefully I'll be able to make it next year for more good times.

What did everyone learn from this weekend? I learned that you should pack salt and pepper when making eggs for breakfast, I need to learn my roc's more, learn to throw Flippy plastic, and to not 3 putt.

I learned to NOT throw into the Cedars at Keriakas! Had 5 different shots get under those things and it's almost impossible to get back out from under some of them.

If anyone picked up my 175g Yellow Star Gator with Green Stamp, and "Powers" on the inside rim, from the water on hole 3 at Phil Moore Saturday afternoon, I'd appreciate getting it back. Went back right after my round with my retriever, and it was already gone.

HB - any updates on who won the Hobson performance challenge rounds? I know there was a lockup at -1 in 3rd place after Wednesday, but did anyone best that on Thursday with the rain? If not, how were the ties decided?