• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BG AMS!!! April 12, 13, 14

what courses are being used for advanced? and how spread out is everything? i'm trying to get a group together but we would be taking one vehicle. idk how well that would work since (i assume) there will be different pools for each division.

That's probably the best thing about BG - all of the courses are so close to each other that you can easily car pool, and since many people stay in motels that are also close together someone can always get a ride back to the room or the next course (only an issue on Saturday) since you play with the same pool of people every round...

Ashleigh and I went down and played in different pools last year, it was no problem at all for her to get rides one day and for me to get rides another day, lots of people who are friendly and willing to help you out and the whole town is full of disc golfers during that event.

Okay, so I lied. I know someone who works in Bowling Green, OHIO, not KENTUCKY. :doh: However, we'll just have to see if I can't get out of these durned "required" school activities. I think I might have fun playing.

To all BG Am players....there is a sanctioned C Tier in Bowling Green Sunday Feb 24 at the best course in our area. Come in Saturday and practice your BG Am courses, then enjoy a day at Holler in the Hills....currently rated 12th best course in the country on this site!!

Only been there once so far...played four courses,

...and am really looking forward to coming to BG Ams again, but I assume you personally enjoy White? I have courses I like (and have 'favorited'), but don't claim they're the 'best' in my area, unless a lot of folks concur.
Last year, most of the folks I played with didn't think White was the best. It's got its own unique challenges, sure, but DGCR reviews show it ranked ninth of the eleven courses down there (out to Holler at 4.62) within 15 miles of BG. The list:
Holler 4.62
Kereiakes 3.92
Lovers 3.68
BGTC 3.54
Hobson 3.40
Griffin 3.10
Chalybeate 2.91
Phil Moore 2.75
White 2.63
WKU 1.57
Natcher 1.25

This isn't intended to start an argument in any way. I love DG courses (even the lowliest of the low is a chance to hear the sweet sound of a disc hitting chains!), but would be interested to know what you really like about White.

...and I hope the tourney goes well on 2/24 (we have our Ice Bowl Krazy Series finale that day, too)! :thmbup:

Ephram White

The distances of the holes....the gravel OB's.....slopes, and elevation. Proper distances for pro level. Really separates the ams from the pros....Well maintained, great tee pads. Smart design....sand traps....90 degree hole...The hardwood trees are just starting to come into play.....give it 10 more years, and the rating will be up there with holler....imho:) Have fun at BG Ams....I might try to play this year if the rating things works out:)

I rate BG courses like this (including Holler/Chalybeate/Franklin)
1. Holler
2. White
3. Yakis
4. Lovers
5. Phil Moore
6. Hobson
7. Tech
8. Franklin
9. Water Park
10. Chalybeate
11. Basil Griffin

We are spoiled:)

Thanks for the feedback! White IS unique, and requires good accurate D when all the OB's are enforced.

...and

Yes...yes you are: that many nice courses all within a short drive, and the best annual event I've been to since starting playing. See you all in April! :)

To all BG Am players....there is a sanctioned C Tier in Bowling Green Sunday Feb 24 at the best course in our area. Come in Saturday and practice your BG Am courses, then enjoy a day at Holler in the Hills....currently rated 12th best course in the country on this site!!

This is a little bit off...
The tournament on the 24th is at Phil Moore and Basil Griffin
March 9th is at Holler in the Hills
March 30th is at BG Tech and Ephram White.

The distances of the holes....the gravel OB's.....slopes, and elevation. Proper distances for pro level. Really separates the ams from the pros....Well maintained, great tee pads. Smart design....sand traps....90 degree hole...The hardwood trees are just starting to come into play.....give it 10 more years, and the rating will be up there with holler....imho:) Have fun at BG Ams....I might try to play this year if the rating things works out:)

I rate BG courses like this (including Holler/Chalybeate/Franklin)
1. Holler
2. White
3. Yakis
4. Lovers
5. Phil Moore
6. Hobson
7. Tech
8. Franklin
9. Water Park
10. Chalybeate
11. Basil Griffin

Basil Griffin last? I'm offended

BG Tech was one of my favorite courses in that area, the only one that made you really hit lines in the woods with shots longer than putter length.

BIRDIE BAG in players package

First confirmed item in the players package:
Birdie Bag! Control the sweat! PDGA approved!

More info: http://www.controlthesweat.com/

Registration: 132 players as of now, 20 states and Canada represented so far.

Drawing for $25 gift certificate to Mellow Mushroom tomarrow, so get in tonight if you want more chances to win the weekly drawings.

All fund raising disc purchased during registration have been mailed, so you should start seeing the Bowling Green logo at courses near you.
Available are:
Innova Champion Metal Flake TERN (pre-release disc) all max weight
Innova Champion Glow Blizzard Dominator (161g - 175g)
Innova Champion Flat Top Firebire (all max weight)

If you did not order one, you can pm me and I will hook you up.​