• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BH drill idea. One-step motion. Step FORWARDS not to the side/diagonal. Good idea or

hisdudeness47

Birdie Member
This one kind of popped into my head just now and some living room trials are raising my eyebrows.

So you know how sometimes in order to break a bad habit, you drill the extreme opposite and then adjust backwards. This is that. With your feet shoulder width apart, just simply do the one step motion with your front foot stepping straight forward rather than sideways / diagonally. I'm feeling like this really reinforces bracing and clearing motion of the front hip and makes it nigh impossible to rotate your shoulders too early. You must really clear that hip before coming through with your whip. Its also extremely difficult to plant open when stepping forward and also reinforces the toe-heel crush and turn~perpendicular to the target (or even slightly away). The heel turn comes naturally after releasing the disc.

Is this a decent idea? Like I said, this is a living room idea so I haven't tried it with a disc in hand yet but I'm liking where my head is at with this one. I really feel the proper kinetic chain progression that I have had the pleasure of feeling before but just not implement consistently.

Please tell me if this is dumb as ****, please and thank you.

P. S. I "grip locked " and threw a Teebird 475-500 today way right of the target. This was driven past many of my best drives on this hole over time. No, it wasn't a grip lock... It was the proper release. Time to go back through the threads that address this because god****, it's happened before to me and it's happening again. I'm secretly hoping this drill I came up with might assist. Sorry to sidetrack but I'm thinking these things might be related. 🤔

Based on the description it sounds like a one-step elephant walk, right? E.g., just take away the first step here:

giphy.gif

Based on the description it sounds like a one-step elephant walk, right? E.g., just take away the first step here:

giphy.gif

YES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES. Pretty much exactly that! It's hard to tell if Seabass has any sideways motion in that last step but the concept is exactly the same, even down to the pendulum swing that I didn't even describe. That is it.

Last edited:

Latest posts