• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Birdie Bag

Roc_n_Roll

Bogey Member
I have been looking at ways to improve my grip and keep my discs clean while on the course (a lot of dust on my course). I was just wondering if any one out there uses the birdie bag. If so how well does it work and for what conditions? Thanks for the input :D

my friend just got one. the birdie bag works the same as dirt, chalk, resin, etc. the palms of my hands never sweat so i never see a use for one really except for when it's so humid out that if i touch any other part of my body i get sweat on my hand.

my friend still prefers dirt to the birdie bag, but dirt isn't always available. the birdie bag has an advantage over chalk and resin because they tend to cake on the disc and in the creases of the hand while the birdie bag dries things out and excess will fall away. it will make the disc feel dusty, but better than a sweaty grip.

you can get a small bag for like $4, so it's probably worth a try if you have ever even considered one.

I haven't tried the Birdie Bag yet. I used to do some rock climbing so I still have a big bag of chalk (Super Chalk by Metolius) lying around and that stuff works wonders. I don't like using dirt because of how gritty it is. The chalk is much more fine and does a better job of drying than dirt. As for caking on your disc and hands I haven't really had a problem with that. Yes, excess chalk stays on your hands but its a fairly light amount and I haven't seen it adversely affect my game...yet...

I got a birdie bag and i dont like it. Most of my discs are Z or CE plastic and I find that palmolive hand lotion gives me a better grip. The best thing to do is when you close the cap, leave some lotion on inside of it (messy close). The lotion sorta drys out and gets tacky. All you need is a little bit on your finger tips and work it in until it's almost dry for a good grip.

Sometimes I take a small clump of grass and squeeze it between my fingers. It'll give you good grip but only lasts a couple throws.

Yeah chalk only lasts a throw or two but you just reapply and you're on your way. I'll use it directly on the disc too. After drying off a wet disc with a towel, apply some chalk to the disc and it'll get rid of any residual dampness.

Latest posts