• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Birdie Bead Opinions...

KDinIN

Par Member
This could be a really stupid thread, but I have a bit of a creative dilemma, and was wondering if I could get some voices to weigh in on this.

Yesterday, I taught myself, using YouTube and a few other things, how to do some paracord knots, and ended up making 3 bracelets, two key chains, and a rough draft of some birdie beads. I attached a picture of the birdie beads and bracelet. (Side note, yes, I know I need more beads, but they were becoming a pain in the butt and this was just the rough draft lol. Also, I am going to add a couple things to the bottom, but that gives you an idea of the form that these beads will be taking.)

Here is my plan. I am a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan, and wanted to theme my birdie beads after their team colors. Red, White, Navy Blue. I love the throw back 80's baby blues that the cards occasionally still break out, but it is far from being a standard color. Because most beads that do team colors in this kind of mold use only two colors, (for strings and beads.. ex: http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad59/Josh_Flanigan/Para cord/001_zps46766fde.jpg credit to a DGCR'er I found with a quick google search.) I am trying to figure out which two colors to use.

I thought about using white and red paracord, and then using baby blue and navy blue beads... But I wonder if that is too much. I am asking, only because I haven't made them, and though paracord isn't horribly expensive, I definitely don't want to wait to buy the colors, and realize I should have gone in a different direction.

White and Red only? (Also the colors of the Cincinnati Reds, and the Washington Nationals)

Red beads on white string and blue beads on red string?

Or Shut up about your stupid birdie bead predicament and go throw a disc?

HELP ME DGCR! (For those of you who aren't familiar with the colors... https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...eVoIsWmPQmuGniw-matPeFXA&ust=1468722123089181)

Attachments

• DGCR Image.jpeg
    DGCR Image.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 80
I vote red beads on white cord, and blue beads on red cord! Whatever combo you pick, I think you should make sure you integrate all three of the teams colors.

Make exactly what you want everyone else's opinion be damned.

Fwiw, I went through a little birdie bead phase also. Walmart had quite a few color options in smaller lengths so it was quite inexpensive to play around with colors. It's thinner paracord, but that actually made it easier. I found it in their crafts and cards and sewing area.
Bought a bunch of beads at Michaels.

Cardinal Red and World Series Champ Gold. Maybe workman gray cord. Anything but white. Maybe an 11 champ bead length. 17 or 20 if you are a Lou or Dizzy fan.

.., if this distracts you from bullpen worries, great

Going long.....

Cardinal Red and Cub Blue. Use Cub as bogey (or over) side.

... 20 team stolen bases so far this year and scoring 460ish runs.

Using this logo:

2283.gif

easily my favorite color scheme for the Cardinals, I am thinking about this color scheme (attached...) (forgive the paint version.. just took the above picture, and replaced the green with red and the blue with baby blue:

Does this look Cardinal'y do any of you?

Attachments

• Cardinal Birdie Beads.jpg
    Cardinal Birdie Beads.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 30
Works for me colors wise. Fancy.

It would be obvious seen next to something overtly Cards, like a patch or person wearing a jersey. Will pop nice with an associate.

Speaking of birdie beads. Can someone lead me in the right direction of where to buy a variety of beads? All I can find is simple white and black ones locally to fit on the strands of 550 Paracord. Sorry for the necro-bump, thanks in advance!

Not to be a dick, but to be a dick...did you Google "colored beads" because I got a fair amount of results from Amazon/Wal-Mart/random websites etc. Michael's or AC Moore/any arts and crafts store should have tons as well.

I think white cord will get filthy very quickly. I also think the beads need to be bigger. Sorry, don't give a krap about your Cards.

Latest posts