• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BIRDIE! The Disc Golf Board Game

Hmmm, to rate your ideas here in relation to the courses you have designed, these are much closer to the Acorn refurbish than Highbridge Gold...
You won't be able to judge until your quest unfolds. Both Acorn refurbs tougher design jobs than HB Gold considering the constraints, pathway routing changes and neighbor politics involved.

You won't be able to judge until your quest unfolds. Both Acorn refurbs tougher design jobs than HB Gold considering the constraints, pathway routing changes and neighbor politics involved.

I would rather play a board game that is fun to play than a justifiably terrible one :\

I would rather play a board game that is fun to play than a justifiably terrible one :\
I agree that the market for a D&D version would be even smaller when you need a DM to run each game even if the game was fun for that small market.

The game mechanics actually seem kinda fun from the limited details I could glean. I like the idea of playing cards against other people's shots. As a devoted pessimist I want to shat all over this thing, but despite my personality defects I may actually get a copy...

Cards against humanity is for women and redditors.

you got me on both accounts

cards against humanity hit their target audience and probably are 1000x richer than this lousy dg game

i engaged my self respecting pessimism to throw out a thoughtful comment towards my discontent of something new

The D&D-type RPG sounds like something for GURPS or D20 Modern. Also sounds fun.

You all are overthinking this. Playing a board game and an actual round of disc golf are not mutually exclusive. This will be a big hit to play after dark and especially anywhere disc golfers are gathered for a tournament and have some downtime. I'll probably get a copy of the game because I love board games and disc golf.

I think Simon featured this game in one of his Vlogs.

I could see this being somewhat popular, perhaps even outside of our sport.

At my place of work, we have a semi-large Board Game Conference come through annually, which draws anywhere from 350-400 people a day for three days.

They play some of the most esoteric Board Games.

I know that a lot of the people I've played disc golf with over the years go off on Magic tangents, so there's gotta be a market in disc golf.

Nerd time. My buddy ran a DnD 1-shot(-ish, that turned into 3/4 nights) over the course of a year or so (because we have kids and getting together is hard) for me and our wives. The premise was we were all top golfers playing at Worlds at our local course, all on a different card against a top player (Rick/Eagle/Simon/Paul), and those top players all turned evil once we got into the heavy woods away from the crowds.

We rolled for throws, STR checks for a drive, DEX for a mid, INT for putting, which made for some interesting scores (and a few Aces). That part of the game was as fun as any other part, and I have to say, I was tied with Rick through 8 holes...that's how I knew it was fantasy :D

You all are overthinking this. Playing a board game and an actual round of disc golf are not mutually exclusive. This will be a big hit to play after dark and especially anywhere disc golfers are gathered for a tournament and have some downtime. I'll probably get a copy of the game because I love board games and disc golf.

Yes! Don't listen to the negative nancy....that dude must be fun at parties.

I plan to pick up a copy of this.

I won't play Monopoly though because that takes away from my time spent building my real estate empire.

Latest posts