• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BIRDIE! The Disc Golf Board Game

Neat concept following that link.

Though plenty of people would take issue board games don't require skill. Skill isn't just dexterity and coordination. It is also "the ability to use one's knowledge effectively and readily in execution or performance" according to webster.

Plenty of board games require a lot of skill to play. Modern ones are not the pure luck based Monopoly or Sorry! games of yesteryear. Plus there are always things like Chess or Go(Baduk) that have a very high skill level needed to compete professionally.

A bit of a ramble I know, but pertinent as over the years I've found tabletop skill games, be it board games or something that requires dexterity and coordination like Crokinole or the one in your link, means friends and family who are not as much into it won't play.

Some elment of luck allowing new players to compete with veterans ends up being more fun for everyone.
I've played plenty of tabletop games that involve skill but aren't dexterity games.
The BIRDIE disc golf game though, according to the reviews and descriptions of the rules, is entirely based on luck.

As for whether people who aren't into it aren't into it... I just don't care. That's up to the game developer and deciding on whether the market is there for them. But I don't care about those other types of games. I'm a fan of what I'm a fan of. If it doesn't get made I'll stay on my pool table.

I DEFINITELY intend to buy a good crokinole board as soon as I feel I've got the disposable income, that's been a plan for a minute.

Last edited:
I DEFINITELY intend to buy a good crokinole board as soon as I feel I've got the disposable income, that's been a plan for a minute.

Doesn't sound like you need any encouragement, but...

I've had a Hilinski board for over a decade now and it's still just as beautiful as the day I got it. They were a bit cheaper back then, but their price now is still a good for the quality they deliver. It hangs on the wall in our upstairs loft when not in use.

I've lost count of the amount of people I've introduced the game to that went out and bought a board.

Anyway, buy one, you won't regret it.

We've been playing the newer updated version: Birdie Pro. Love this game, just picked up the Fox Woods expansion as well. Even my non disc golfers board game buddies love this thing. If you're a Disc golfer you understand all of the little in jokes and that just makes the game that much more fun. It's not one of those gimmicky games where it's terrible but disc golf themed, it's actually a good game. Just thought I would bump this in case no one knows about it. Well worth it. You can even keep score of the game using Udisc!

We've been playing the newer updated version: Birdie Pro. Love this game, just picked up the Fox Woods expansion as well. Even my non disc golfers board game buddies love this thing. If you're a Disc golfer you understand all of the little in jokes and that just makes the game that much more fun. It's not one of those gimmicky games where it's terrible but disc golf themed, it's actually a good game. Just thought I would bump this in case no one knows about it. Well worth it. You can even keep score of the game using Udisc!
We picked this up this fall, as well. I LOVE the game. We have a group who gets together at my spot every couple of weeks for a round on Fox Run and then a "cool down" round on the 9er that came with the game. I agree that it isn't gimmicky and would appeal to even non-disc golfers. Super fun and I am already looking forward to the next round!

Most board games these days are at a bare minimum $40, which is what we paid for the base game. I found the expansion online (on sale) for $20 which is just a different course or map if you will. I think you should only get the expansion if you've played the game a lot and want a different map to play on, otherwise the base game is good enough and at $40, I highly recommend it.

I think it would be appropriate to start a sub-forum that people can discuss Birdie Pro or other disc golf board/card games.

I think it would be appropriate to start a sub-forum that people can discuss Birdie Pro or other disc golf board/card games.
I haven't paid too close attention...are there more than a couple out? A quick list from you or someone else would be wonderful.

Side note just got gifted a Buzzz about 10 minutes ago had to brag lol

I haven't paid too close attention...are there more than a couple out? A quick list from you or someone else would be wonderful.

Side note just got gifted a Buzzz about 10 minutes ago had to brag lol

There are two versions of Birdie - the OG and Birdie Pro. I have heard of other card/dice disc golf games but am not sure about the availability or the quality of the games.

I do know that Steve Dodge created a really fun disc golf experience that you can play inside on a rainy day.

Last edited:

Disc golf related card & board games:

Ript Showdown
Ript Revenge
Ript Evolution
Rattlin' Chains
Disc Golf Frenzy
Niced Nation
Chains (Formerly Disc Golf Board Game)
Birdie
Birdie Pro
Disc Dice - a disc golf dice game
Dosh Board Golf