• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Black Zombie Disc Golf

9THSON

anyone throw anything from BZDG? i feel like they get overshadowed by Mint & Lone Star. anyone huckin their stuff?

It's mainly Gateway molds with horror names right?

I got a couple Chainsaw's. They're basically (or literally) Wizards. Look, feel and fly pretty much identical.

I could've swore I started a thread about Chainsaw's one time.

I used them as my putter since Garin started the company. I no longer use them. The prices used to be ridiculous. They're more reasonable now.

It's a modified Wizard. It's a little bit "less stable." More than anything, the difference amounts to a hand feel preference.

Good putter. I now have something like 30 of them, including the prototypes. Since I've switched putters, I'm not sure what to do with them. Don't like them as throwers…

TL;DR: good guy runs the company. A lot of these OEM links back to Gateway - this is another one.

I used them as my putter since Garin started the company. I no longer use them. The prices used to be ridiculous. They're more reasonable now.

It's a modified Wizard. It's a little bit "less stable." More than anything, the difference amounts to a hand feel preference.

Good putter. I now have something like 30 of them, including the prototypes. Since I've switched putters, I'm not sure what to do with them. Don't like them as throwers…

TL;DR: good guy runs the company. A lot of these OEM links back to Gateway - this is another one.

thanks for the reply! i live in Texas and i want to support a Texas brand (yes i know that it's technically Gateway molding the discs). i'm glad that Garin is a cool dude.

The Shotgun sounds like a solid midrange in a sea of solid midranges.
There are just so many good discs these days.

i put together an all BZ bag just for fun and the Shotgun & Crossbow are a great overstable/understable pair of midranges. The Crossbow especially feels really good in the hand. The Shotgun kind of flies like a glidier Gator imo.

Is the shotgun the same as the prophecy? Looks like the only way to get a HD version now

I am not sure, but I may have a prophecy or two I could sell/trade. I am also curious of the answer.
Between the Proph, Karma and Gil's there is some good potential of mold combos

Is the shotgun the same as the prophecy? Looks like the only way to get a HD version now

Here are some profile pictures of a Shotgun I have. I have never thrown a Prophecy, so I don't know how they compare.

Attachments

• 20220606_161131.jpg
    20220606_161131.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 20220606_161149.jpg
    20220606_161149.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 32
if ya waited 4 more days it would have been a year since this threads most recent post.

I am not familiar enough with the Lion to tell ya if they are similar.

related news, Black Zombies first disc manufactured by LSD is approved and supposed to be on the market any time now (if its not already?)

if ya waited 4 more days it would have been a year since this threads most recent post.

I am not familiar enough with the Lion to tell ya if they are similar.

related news, Black Zombies first disc manufactured by LSD is approved and supposed to be on the market any time now (if its not already?)

I've been waiting for black zombie to go lone star. Looks like they have a neutral mid and a neutral fairway.

Latest posts