• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Blow through or Kissed off

?

• Blow through

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Kiss off

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters

Mushin No Shin

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
At the 3:30 point of this vid, the gentleman will putt an Orange then White disc.

Was his terminology correct, they are blow throughs? Or do the putters bounce off the outside chains?

And for fun, what local verbiage/terms do you use for these putt results?

I think there's a more pressing question here. Did he just oink?

I think he got inside a chain. However, it was left side, didn't get any pole and never had a chance anyway.

He needs to mow that marijuana patch he calls his yard.

I think he got inside a chain. However, it was left side, didn't get any pole and never had a chance anyway.

He needs to mow that marijuana patch he calls his yard.

Agreed, it did slip between chains. It was a bad putt but you could call it a blow through.

The 2nd putt looked like a genuine blow-through to me. I agree that the first was questionable. It was left but may have gotten inside one or two chains. On a better catching basket with more chains they might both have been good.

And yeah, the grass... he's definitely not practicing rollers there. I kind of enjoyed it. I've seen worse on youtube, that's for sure.

You don't have to place a mini down if you don't want to. You won't be 'stroked' if you choose to play your disc as it lies.
Damn hippies and their uptight rules!

Both putts kissed off the left side of the chains. If this is what people are calling blow-throughs, then a blow-through is virtually synonymous with a missed putt.

I'd call those "wrong side". If you're going to be off center and you're a RHBH putter you'll generally get better results on the right side of the chains where the disc's spin may draw it into the center of the basket, whereas on the right side the spins sends it out and on it's way.

Another phenomenon that can happen is chain kick, those are the ones when you appear to nail it dead center but then see it spit right back out at you. These usually happen when you had some pace on the putt so the chains are pushed back initially, but come back before the disc is settled and "kick" it back out.

he said "if it blows through its not your fault" but i think he was off to the side and it was his fault

You don't have to place a mini down if you don't want to. You won't be 'stroked' if you choose to play your disc as it lies.
Damn hippies and their uptight rules!

I thought this was over-emphasized too. If you want to play the disc that's laying there, then you have to mark it to pick it up. But if you want to throw any other disc, play it where it lays.

Personally, I almost always need to be that 8" closer to the basket!

Latest posts