• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Blown Glass Minis as CTP Prizes

ChrisAlcott

156111_179237825423932_167295286618186_681026_3226986_n.jpg

Just got my minis in to give out as CTP prizes for the North Little Rock DG Open and had to get on here and show them off. They have more depth in person and exceeded my expectations by a ton.

Heavy for a mini.. not overall something that you will feel in a DG bag, but yep, way heavier than their plastic counterparts..

HAPPY TURKEY DAY

I'd use one for play. They look pretty cool. Buddy of mine on here does glass blowing. Maybe this will encourage him to do some for meeeee!

these are very simple to make in glass, its done via a mold. fill said mold up with crushed glass(frit) , stick in the kiln to a certain temp let it cool down real slow and behold glass mini's.

maybe its time to break out the old molds and make some glass mini's.

i think mounted on a piece of stained wood with a groove routed into it would make a great trophy. JustSayin

These things are durable, thick glass and I cant see breaking one just dropping it or using it as a mini marker..

This particular tournament, we had traditional cup trophies ordered up before I got with the glass artist.. We are already talking about some potential glass trophies when/if there is a next tournament, but we already way overblew the budget on this particular tournament. Had really good responces from folks that see them in person and think they are going to be a nice Free CTP prize.

Latest posts