• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Boss is too much, Katana is not enough

A buzzz and a beer said:
Btw. I am wondering why everyone throws Destroyers over bosses. I have a star boss that is listed as 13 5 -1 3 and a champ destroyer that is listed as 12 5 -1 3. So if the only difference is the speed you would think more people would throw the boss.

Do people think that destroyers are actually more overstable? I know mine feel that way, but the bosses I have thrown are a halloween stamp star, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it. Besides my two copies of that disc I haven't had any other experience throwing bosses.
The fundamental flaw in your argument is that you trust the flight ratings.

Z Nuke; fast, easy to throw, good plastic/longevity. Another way to go would be lighter weight Pro Destroyers.

If you're terminally flipping Katanas but can't get the Boss to fly you probably have a lot of OAT in your max D shot. Off axis torque will turn and burn a lot of Katanas but most Bosses will just flex and fade early if you don't throw them fast enough, regardless of OAT.

CatPredator said:
Z Nuke; fast, easy to throw, good plastic/longevity. Another way to go would be lighter weight Pro Destroyers.

If you're terminally flipping Katanas but can't get the Boss to fly you probably have a lot of OAT in your max D shot. Off axis torque will turn and burn a lot of Katanas but most Bosses will just flex and fade early if you don't throw them fast enough, regardless of OAT.

That's what i was thinking of but didn't want to say. That's why i mentioned Champ Katanas because they are so overstable that they will fight OAT well.

A buzzz and a beer said:
Btw. I am wondering why everyone throws Destroyers over bosses. I have a star boss that is listed as 13 5 -1 3 and a champ destroyer that is listed as 12 5 -1 3. So if the only difference is the speed you would think more people would throw the boss.

Do people think that destroyers are actually more overstable? I know mine feel that way, but the bosses I have thrown are a halloween stamp star, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it. Besides my two copies of that disc I haven't had any other experience throwing bosses.

Those pumpkin Bossses are not a good representative of Bosses as a whole as they are really overstable. The main reason many throw Destroyers over Bosses is that the Destroyer can turnover and recover more predictably. The Bosss is a lot harder to get a little turn and recover out of and is much more likely to turn and hold if overpowered.

JR said:
Apoth is right.

DD2 are made in P.

kept the pertinent parts.

dd2s are also made in gummy champ plastic, though theyre harder to find. damn overstable and faaast.

i think the op should track down a champ katana on the heavy side. if you dont like star and are finding the pro katanas too understable, the champs should fit the bill. the champ katanas are a different animal than the pros.

The Champ Katanas are different from the Pros, but they're still only the second best Katanas out there. The Farting Lemons are a bit less touchy, and just as long.

My C-DD2 isn't that different from a P, a small bit more HSS. It isn't one of the gummy ones though. My favorites are the orange Echo Star ones though.

Apothecary said:
JR said:
Apoth is right.

DD2 are made in P.

kept the pertinent parts.

dd2s are also made in gummy champ plastic, though theyre harder to find. damn overstable and faaast.

i think the op should track down a champ katana on the heavy side. if you dont like star and are finding the pro katanas too understable, the champs should fit the bill. the champ katanas are a different animal than the pros.

x2

Z Nuke is a good fit in between the Katana and the Boss. Also, surprisingly good in the wind.

The Hurricane is also spectacular...the control of a Wraith with the glide of a Destroyer. Best of both worlds.

Latest posts