• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bought a "Old" DGA disc....I think...

I found this what maybe an old disc at P.I.A.S. in the used bin. It has the date 1999 on it. Anyone ever heard of this disc? Did I find anything good? Or just wishful thinking. I did a good bit of searching and couldn't find anything on this disc with this stamp.

16102394040_d1616981f8_z.jpg

16263814126_522261a762_z.jpg

have you thrown it? if you like the way it throws then its a winner!
rdga was started by ed headricks as an alternative for membership to the pdga. didn't go anywhere though. don't think the disc is worth much.....

Haven't thrown it. I generate too much speed ...from what I read it is really understable and made for people that can't generate as much speed yet....if its not worth anything I will probably give it to one of our novices in our local DGC.

Yeah Steady Ed started DGA and had a licensing agreement with Innova and Discraft initially IIRC. He would take popular molds from the era (80's/90's) and modify them (read flatten). Not sure if they carry any value. and yes I think the intent was to make them easier to throw. the funny thing now most of these discs in their standard form are considered easy to throw. Or maybe he made them more stable. I'm not sure but either way it's funny how things change.

good to see activity here.

Essentially it's a base plastic XL. When the XL came out, they only ran it in Elite Pro (kinda sorta like Elite X) and DGA released it in more of a Pro D-type base plastic. They came out flatter so they were called "flathead." Usually they were light. I didn't throw the Flathead XL, but I did throw the Flathead Cyclone. The plastic was waxy and terrible; it used to beat up landing in grass. That was unfortunate since they started out flippy as Hell.

Some additional info:
http://www.discgolfsweden.se/discar/discar_sokdisc.aspx?DiscId=1722

Latest posts