• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bradley Williams suspension reduced

McLovin

Bogey Member
https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2017/08/30/williams-suspension-reduced/

Williams' Suspension Reduced

Texas pro eligible for September return

AUGUST 30, 2017 BY STEVE HILL IN NEWS WITH 0 COMMENTS

Bradley Williams' suspension has been reduced, PDGA Board of Directors President Rebecca Duffy confirmed to Ultiworld Disc Golf this morning. The Texas pro is now eligible to return to PDGA play on September 9, 2017.

Williams was initially suspended for 18 months, with an additional 18 months of probation, resulting from an altercation at the 2016 Ledgestone Insurance Open. His appeal for suspension was conditionally denied, as he said in March that the sport's governing body had requested that he complete anger management courses. His suspension was originally set to expire on March 8, 2018.

"I'm really happy that he's coming back into play," Duffy said. "He's a great player."

A message seeking comment from Williams was not immediately returned.

Though Williams is able to return to the course earlier than expected, he still remains on the PDGA's Disciplinary Action List. The remaining six months of his suspension were converted to probation, which he will now be on for 24 months.

Maybe he completed the anger management class which he was asked to do if he wanted consideration for earlier reinstatement?

Good for him and I hope he makes good on the fourth(?) chance he's been given. He's got two years of probation to get through now, and considering what landed him where he is now was an inability to behave while on probation, that's still a BIG deal.

The guy who won Vibram last year https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/24333

Too bad he doesn't get to try to defend his title.

d11d1c516380d1c6ed3da36170911e6e4c7c3683a178d1573d9f56f12fe6a193.jpg

Last edited:
Good for him and I hope he makes good on the fourth(?) chance he's been given. He's got two years of probation to get through now, and considering what landed him where he is now was an inability to behave while on probation, that's still a BIG deal.

Yeah I'm glad the PDGA didn't give him the cold shoulder...

Bad mental/emotional habits are hard to break. Can be hard to look at yourself from a 3rd person point of view and see the problems. Got to be aware and try to be a player other people want to be around.

Bradley is from Texas... hurricane hits Texas... coincidence?

Kharma?

Latest posts