• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Broken Arrow, OK

TylerM

Bogey Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I'll be at Broken Arrow for a week in July for job training. I want to play some of the courses there on lunch if I can. Lunch will be about 70-90 minutes long. I will be (according to Google maps) about 5 minutes from nienhuis park and about 10 minutes from Haikey creek.

Any local guys with tips on those courses would be appreciated.

Haikey is a good course, i don't know how far Hunter and Mclure park if you have a little time but with only an hour and a half i would probably go to riverside. I don't live in tulsa so I'm not for sure how far broken arrow is away from these courses but they are the ones i play when i go to tulsa

I've played McClure, Riverside, both Chandler courses, dovillio, and maybe another one or two in Tulsa. I'm mainly needing some info on nienhuis and the college course there in broken arrow. Nienhuis has no reviews and I am hoping someone knows something about it.

I haven't played Nienhuis or the college course - but I have played Haikey extensively. I really like Haikey as a course, and if you have the time to play it, it is well worth it. Its pretty long, but also offers some quality lines through the trees.

Haikey is a decent play. They had to revamp it after an ice storm about six years ago and put some holes on the other side of the road. I honestly liked the old layout better.

Nienhuis must be new as I've never heard of it. Doesn't look terribly exciting (uggh another course page with no distance on the homepage and the alternate tees not filled in completely on the hole page), but it definitely is something you could finish in under an hour.

Any locals interested in showing me around on lunch at any of the three in the Broken Arrow area? Planning on being there from July 16-19.

Just returned from my week in Broken Arrow, and I must say I wasn't too favorably impressed with any of the courses. I added Haikey Creek, Neinhuis Park, NSU, and Claremore Lake to my courses played list.
Haikey was disappointing. There were a few decent holes, but mostly just open bombs (which I can get anytime here at Pauls Valley).
Neinhuis has potential, with about half of the nine holes being reasonably interesting.
NSU is a disaster!!! Someone thought that leaving the grass in the rough at chest height was a good idea. It's not.
Claremore Lake has some fun throws, but was crowded with people enjoying the other park attractions - some of which were dangerously close to the dg area.

Anyway, thanks to all the nice disc golfers I met on my trip for reaffirming my belief that discers are nice people :thmbup:

Latest posts