• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Buccaneer State Park, Waveland Mississippi

justin main

Birdie Member
Went out there today and talked to the ranger about getting the park open. This park has been closed since Hurricane Katrnia and has 17 of the 18 baskets still standing. It has been closed because of all the dead trees and the state is worried about being sued.

The ranger I talked to said they will be leaving the baskets so the park will be reopening. He told me we just have to wait until the state takes out all the dead trees. They just now are getting the equipment into the park for that so he is not sure on a date for when it will be open to play.

I gave him my card just incase there was some interest to contact me but doubt I will hear back on something like this. I'm sure once all the trees are out there is going to be work that needs to be done and I'm going to put many hours into this course.

When the park reopens though I will be working on getting people to help me with the cleaning and will try to get them to let us redeisgn the holes that need it. Will keep posted on how it comes along.