• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Building an Overseas store

nate22

Eagle Member
Didnt know where exactly to post this, but with the big sales coming up, and the fact its past 1am here, I wanted to post something so stores/sellers might approach me.

I am in Australia, I want to get in a ton of stock whilst our dollar is great and the sales are on. I mainly need Lat64, Westside, Vibram, but also like xouts, misprints and used discs.

Shipping is key, but if the right shop/s has what I need I want to spend the maximum before I get taxed coming in to Australia ($1000). So if you sell, point me in your direction, if you know of a good lace to look, then do so to. I have already ruled out a few places, but nothing so far is the obvious choice!

Nate

Didnt know where exactly to post this, but with the big sales coming up, and the fact its past 1am here, I wanted to post something so stores/sellers might approach me.

Why wouldn't you buy wholesale from the manufacturers? Because you couldn't get enough variety (i.e. they make you buy 25 of the same mold minimum or something)?

buy wholesale! its easier than you think. if you buy at least 100 discs usually you will have a 50% margin. lat requests a 300 disc minimun due to shipping but now there are disc golf wholesalers that u can use with a 20-40 disc minimum. lets say disc A. retails at 18 bucks and you buy from random website
you buy a lot and get a retail deal. well say 20% off. so the disc only costs 14.40. now if you start spliting your orders into small lots of 25-40 discs you will be paying at least a dollar a disc to ship to you. so now your 15.40 dollar disc makes you 2.40. and a net margin of only a little over 13%. your profit for 1000 worth of discs would only by around 133 bucks.

try discgolf wholesale.

Last edited:
buy wholesale! its easier than you think. if you buy at least 100 discs usually you will have a 50% margin. lat requests a 300 disc minimun due to shipping but now there are disc golf wholesalers that u can use with a 20-40 disc minimum. lets say disc A. retails at 18 bucks and you buy from random website
you buy a lot and get a retail deal. well say 20% off. so the disc only costs 14.40. now if you start spliting your orders into small lots of 25-40 discs you will be paying at least a dollar a disc to ship to you. so now your 15.40 dollar disc makes you 2.40. and a net margin of only a little over 13%. your profit for 1000 worth of discs would only by around 133 bucks.

try discgolf wholesale.

True ^^^True

Why wouldn't you buy direct from the manufacturer if you are trying to start a disc business? Or maybe I misunderstand the question being asked.

Latest posts