• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Buzzz & Stalker...Friends or Competitors?

Mark Ellis said:
FierceTable said:
Every bit of that made sense Mark. I was with you...right up until you mentioned the blonde and her sister. I carry both discs..why do I have to choose one girl over the other? I've got a front seat and a back seat...

Sorry Fierce Table, with all due respect, I believe that makes you a slut.

Not that being a slut is all that bad a thing. Some of my closest friends....really would like to be sluts if they could just pull it off.

I'll help your lady friends become sluts.

I'm loving the Stalker, like the add says, a Buzzz on steroids. I love it off the T and for long fairway shots when my Buzzz won't get there. Someone earlier said most folks can get their Buzzz out to 300+, well not when you're 50; it doesn't matter that I've been hukin plastic since 1970, I just don't have the strength of you young canons. This is a disc I've been hoping to find for awhile, a long Buzzz...good job Big D!

yeah, but they say the same for the tracker too...

so wheres the tracker vs stalker comparison??
are they both buzzz like? diferent ranges?

am i thread jacking? should i start a poll? another thread? how do you search via google within a website such as this?(since the search is down)

can i ask anymore questions?? hehe, sorry, i amused myself there for a bit, but seriously... answers? hehe

MotoDj said:

am i thread jacking? should i start a poll? another thread? how do you search via google within a website such as this?(since the search is down)

can i ask anymore questions?? hehe, sorry, i amused myself there for a bit, but seriously... answers? hehe
To search google, do this.

site:www.discgolfreview.com/forums Search + Words + Like + This
EX: site:www.discgolfreview.com/forums Buzzz + & + Stalker + ... + Friends + or + Competitors?

eric25 said:
To search google, do this.

site:www.discgolfreview.com/forums Search + Words + Like + This
EX: site:www.discgolfreview.com/forums Buzzz + & + Stalker + ... + Friends + or + Competitors?

Someone should post this instruction as a sticky somewhere easy to find while the search is down.

MotoDj said:

the tracker throws more like a teebird, but flies less consistent, only good at one particular flight which is why i compared them two. the stalker throws like a glide, but flies more similar to the Buzzz.

let me compare a buzzz to a roc if you will, the buzzz likes to fade a lot earlier and a lot more than the roc does, because a roc locks straight in any wear position if you shape it that certain way. meaning the roc has more of a tendency to lock into the position rather than worry about either turning over or fading out too early. try to do that with a buzzz, and it will do either/or without locking perfectly straight, and what Blake has always told me "the buzzz is the best disc for one shot, ever made in disc golf, and that is 330' laser with a max of 6' of fairway play, 6' off the ground." but you have to throw it hard, and another thing that Blake told me about the buzzz, "it is easy to throw the buzzz farther than a roc, but it is easier to throw a roc 440'+." and that goes for the drivers that are made to do what the buzzz is made to do.

so, it is a weird thing to me how they try to make drivers fly like a midrange.

when people try to find a specialty disc to throw perfectly straight, they have nothing else, and that is a major disadvantage IMO.

masterbeato said:
let me compare a buzzz to a roc if you will, the buzzz likes to fade a lot earlier and a lot more than the roc does, because a roc locks straight in any wear position if you shape it that certain way. meaning the roc has more of a tendency to lock into the position rather than worry about either turning over or fading out too early.

That's strange, because I've always found the exact opposite. The Roc fades earlier and more than the Buzzz, and the Buzzz locks onto straight where the Roc is usually moving one direction or the other.

Also, about the Buzzz being a specialty disc...I've thrown almost every version ever made, and this is true about a lot, if not the majority of runs. However, there are many, like first runs and glow Buzzzes, that are a lot more versatile than that.

I posted a thread last year where I was talking about a guy who was on my local course, I am on the hole in front of him, he is on a 435' behind me. I am about to tee off and I stop to watch him throw. He bangs it right under the basket, like 2-3'. I wait for him to get to the basket and putt in. He comes up to the tee where I am and he is only carrying a KC pro roc, and a banger. He cracked the roc to 430 with ease. It was a wicked thing to see.

Trey133 said:
masterbeato said:
MotoDj said:
"it is easy to throw the buzzz farther than a roc, but it is easier to throw a roc 440'+."

I'm gonna need someone to prove it, just for the "wow" factor of watching it happen. Cause I don't think it can.

I agree with this...especially with unlimited height and a tailwind. A stable Roc can handle a little more power and has putter-like float when thrown high. A Buzzz will stall more when it loses speed. This can really be seen when throwing downhill. Then the Buzzz is easier to throw on long golf lines. And there are local guys that think I'm just being arrogant when I tell them I really don't throw far... :lol:

Trey133 said:
masterbeato said:
MotoDj said:
"it is easy to throw the buzzz farther than a roc, but it is easier to throw a roc 440'+."

I'm gonna need someone to prove it, just for the "wow" factor of watching it happen. Cause I don't think it can.
Markus Kallstrom says he uses the Roc for 300-430'. But "easily" throwing a Roc 440'+? Surely you're talking about something wind-aided or downhill.

emiller3 said:
Trey133 said:
masterbeato said:
MotoDj said:

Markus Kallstrom says he uses the Roc for 300-430'. But "easily" throwing a Roc 440'+? Surely you're talking about something wind-aided or downhill.

No one said it was easy...just easier than throwing a Buzzz that far. Honestly, you should be able to throw a Roc within 50-75' of your everyday distance driver distance if you know the height and line it needs.

again maybe there's something weird about me, but the buzzz is the opposite of a specialty disc for me. I have a 178 ESP that I use for more than half of my overall shots and I do so because its versatile ... its my number one control disc.

A.Mutt said:
again maybe there's something weird about me, but the buzzz is the opposite of a specialty disc for me. I have a 178 ESP that I use for more than half of my overall shots and I do so because its versatile ... its my number one control disc.

You're not weird. Most of the Buzzz talk here comes from Roc throwers who have not spent much more time throwing Rocs, learned Rocs first, so compare everything about the Buzzz to the Roc. Most have also not thrown many different Buzzzes. I guess that's why I'm here. 8) I learned Buzzzes first and I can't stand throwing Rocs.

discspeed said:
A.Mutt said:

You're not weird. Most of the Buzzz talk here comes from Roc throwers who have not spent much more time throwing Rocs, learned Rocs first, so compare everything about the Buzzz to the Roc. Most have also not thrown many different Buzzzes. I guess that's why I'm here. 8) I learned Buzzzes first and I can't stand throwing Rocs.

I see what you mean, with shall we say, the "blind faith Roc cult". :p
I'm going be down in your area this upcoming May, if possible I'd like to talk with you in person all things Buzzz ... I know a lot about them but not as much as you. :)

A.Mutt said:
I see what you mean, with shall we say, the "blind faith Roc cult". :p
I'm going be down in your area this upcoming May, if possible I'd like to talk with you in person all things Buzzz ... I know a lot about them but not as much as you. :)

Cool. Just PM me when you come to town.

The buzz is the reason I don't have a disc in my bag for that speed range. I use a teebird as a fairway driver and it's a faster fairway driver. I'd rather tone down on that when I can't reach it with a buzzz (I have dx ones that are beat enough to throw straight easily). It's something I just don't need.

Taking the Stalker out of my bag has had a large impact on my game for the better. I'm throwing the Buzzz much better now and parking holes that I was using the Stalker on with my Buzzz a much greater percentage of the time. The reps the Stalker had been taking away from my Buzzz was hurting my game as I had too much overlap for too many shots. The Striker is a much more defined step up and makes decision making a lot more clear cut.