• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] C.E. Plastic question

rch84

Bogey Member
I recently bought a champion edition teebird and was wondering how to tell what run it is. It's blueberry colored and not very transparent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 118
I have a question: why do people like CE discs? Are they more for collectors or do you actually throw them and prefer them for some reason?

I hear they're indestructable. Also I felt a buddies CE eagle once and I gotta say they feel great.

I have one ce disc that a friend found. It looks like it is beat up pretty bad. But it flys like it is brand new. It is the most durable plastic ever made, hands down. The plastic feels great.
But most people collect them over throwing them.

the first 3 runs of ce plastic are definitely not indestructible, I have witnessed several broken ce discs. the 4th and 5th run are more "champion-like" and much more durable but definitely not the taffy runs of 1st-3rd. Indestructible = jolly launcher plastic. people like the ce discs for 2 reasons, for collection purposes and for novelty purposes. there are also an old school following of ce discs from the people that were playing disc golf when ce's were released and simply prefer the feel.

I have one ce disc that a friend found. It looks like it is beat up pretty bad. But it flys like it is brand new. It is the most durable plastic ever made, hands down. The plastic feels great.
But most people collect them over throwing them.

Most durable plastic ever made?

Someone post the pics of cracked ce plastic.. lol

I love my first run CE eagle plastic. It's not indestructo at all, but it is really chalky/grippy but firm.
And it flies straight as hell, far, and with fade in pretty good winds.

CE WAS incredibly durable. Many have been/were in people's bags for a decade. The problem with the durability claim is that all plastic has a lifespan before it starts breaking down, even CE.

Notice the "fingerprinty" claims? That's part of the plastic that's breaking down and making the plastic brittle/prone to cracking/shattering. Jolly Launcher is durable now, but it's also less than a year old. Let's see how durable it is in ten years.

At this point, I think CE is more for collecting than throwing unless you like seeing plastic that is extremely expensive shatter.

Last edited:
I think this one I bought is either a 3rd or 4th run and it had some ink on it. I'm defenintly throwing it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 22
Do not throw it in super low temperatures and youll have better chances of not destroying it, CE feels really good, and The CE teebird T flies like how i imagine a Teebird should.

At one point I had 2 CE Valks, a CE Firebird, all 11x and PBL fairways, CE Sentinel, CE Rhyno, and a CE Aviar in the bag.

That was years ago. I've since reduced the value of my bag.

I still own the discs, they're just on the wall now. Much cheaper alternatives.

Its kind of like collecting vintage whatever.

I have owned alot of CE plastic, after a while you realize this stuff is not indestructable and in fact is garbage

Yellow CE Leopard by timj5304, on Flickr

The nuggs CE Valkyrie by timj5304, on Flickr

CE Dayglow Leopard by timj5304, on Flickr

Its not garbage. You're just salty that you paid so much.

It been said many times, old plastic breaks down over time.

I'm guessing these discs weren't kept in plastic bags their whole lives, or that those photos are 10 years old.

Here's a question; do any companies have a polymer similar to CE? And if not, why not?

I played around with a CE Eagle and Firebird right when I started. No clue on the run, but they were pretty opaque. Firebird was red, Eagle was dayglo yellow green. I can't say I remember them feeling any different than standard Champion.

So when these discs were initially released they weren't fingerprinty at all??
I had my favorite 1st run CE Leo simply melt in my hands one day while washing it w warm water. After that I took it all out of the bag. I've sold the majority of my CE collection, and what's left is inked up throwers. The CE Leo's feel and fly like no other for me, but the rest of the molds are replaceable.
I have a CE EL that's taken some massive hits and flys the same every time. I recently took it out of the bag for winter, but when warmer weather is back it'll go back in.

I live the sticky feel, and how super flat CE is, but as I've gotten way better w my game, I just don't need it.
11x plastic is my new big $ addiction lol

All I can say in reguards to success with CE is either do not live where it gets cold in the winter. By cold, I do not mean in Austin Tx its 45 in the winter mornings, I mean up north where the high is 0 in the winter. I brought out my CE eagle one day a year ago this time when the temp dropped during the rd, it started at about 50, the wind picked up and before I knew it the disc was stiff as heck. CE plastic is basically like throwing a fine china dinner plate in the cold.

CE WAS incredibly durable. Many have been/were in people's bags for a decade. The problem with the durability claim is that all plastic has a lifespan before it starts breaking down, even CE.

Notice the "fingerprinty" claims? That's part of the plastic that's breaking down and making the plastic brittle/prone to cracking/shattering. Jolly Launcher is durable now, but it's also less than a year old. Let's see how durable it is in ten years.

At this point, I think CE is more for collecting than throwing unless you like seeing plastic that is extremely expensive shatter.

Is there anything you can rub on the CE plastic to get the chalk off of it without damaging the disc?