• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Camping. Paw Paw or Blockhouse?

BradC

Eagle Member
As the title says guys, who's been to both? What do you think?

Taking a trip in early June (8-10), and want to camp and golf the weekend away.

Both locations are less than a thirty minute difference from me, so neither one is closer enough to make a difference.

Which is the better golf experience?

BLOCKHOUSE. especially this time of year. 2 great courses and the super fun tiki course is just the beginning of the experience.

Paw Paw should be getting very thick and the course will be "unfairway" heavy. The Blockhouse is an unique expereince with glow golf on the tiki course at night. Ocassionally there is live music and The pro shop is open. Also it is really cheap for camping.

BLOCKHOUSE. especially this time of year. 2 great courses and the super fun tiki course is just the beginning of the experience.

Paw Paw should be getting very thick and the course will be "unfairway" heavy. The Blockhouse is an unique expereince with glow golf on the tiki course at night. Ocassionally there is live music and The pro shop is open. Also it is really cheap for camping.

Heck, he sold me, and I'm not even going! :p

depends on the type of camping and golf experience you want... paw paw is more primitive on the camping side, way back in the hills and the courses are hard as hell. blockhouse is ten minutes from the interstate, has lit tiki golf, and 2 challenging but not hard as hell courses.

whether or not the grass is cut at paw paw would be a large deciding factor for me but i live 15 minutes from blockhouse so get to play it as often as i'd like.

Been to both quite a few times.

Blockhouse -amenities!!!! 2 pretty good courses, 1 amazing course. 1980's arcade. And just about the best place in the entire world. I don't think there is a better place to spend a weekend or 5 at.

Paw Paw- very remote. Pack all of your stuff in. Nearest store is about 35 minutes away on a crazy windy road. Courses are very hard, yet sweet. Must play for sure. Bugs can be really bad. Grass can get tall.

I'd recommend the Blockhouse any day.

I'd recommend Paw Paw in the fall or just before spring.

Blockhouse is probably the best disc golf experience you could EVER have. HANDS DOWN

ive only been to paw paw, sounds like i gotta get to blockhouse

I can think of nothing as spectacular as that West Virginia mountaintop Sky at Night...a million stars or waking up to that blue sky and sunrise...goosebumps...and the disc golf is not bad either

Blockhouse is not as scenis...not even close.. but has the Tiki course at night and 2 very good courses as well

I have no idea what to tell you...you can't go wrong

Been to both quite a few times.

Blockhouse -amenities!!!! 2 pretty good courses, 1 amazing course. 1980's arcade. And just about the best place in the entire world. I don't think there is a better place to spend a weekend or 5 at.

Paw Paw- very remote. Pack all of your stuff in. Nearest store is about 35 minutes away on a crazy windy road. Courses are very hard, yet sweet. Must play for sure. Bugs can be really bad. Grass can get tall.

I'd recommend the Blockhouse any day.

I'd recommend Paw Paw in the fall or just before spring.

Blockhouse is probably the best disc golf experience you could EVER have. HANDS DOWN
That's quite an endorsement... starts looking into roadie to the blockhouse.

I was planning on making a trip down to Blockhouse soon, but now I might have to check this Paw-Paw out:)

http://www.westvirginiaopen.com/

You're about an hour west of me, so Blockhouse is a bit closer for you.

They both look really good.

I think Blockhouse it is for now. Will try PawPaw in the fall or next spring, as others have suggested.

Thank you for the thoughts guys.

264513_10150223104727624_4338029_n.jpg

Paw Paw is an awesome place to stop by and play but the Blockhouse made me not want to leave....but I did, to go play Hawk Hollow :clap:.

I got to play them all in the same road trip which made it amazing.

Chris good luck at the Blockhouse this weekend.

Paw Paw looked like a manicured ball golf course on Saturday and it was totally friggin' AWESOME!!!

Latest posts